Reload this Page >

Dining in Toronto

Search

Dining in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 12:04 PM
kim

Dining in Toronto

I am taking my mother and sister to see the Lion King next Saturday (june 22) - could someone please recommend a restaurant where we could have a leisurely dinner before the show? How about a nice place for brunch on Sunday? (We are staying at the Sheraton Centre) Thank you!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 01:32 PM
tutu

Don't know what kind of foods you like but check out King St. West - variety of restaurants serving relatively good food at moderate prices (choice of Indian, Chinese, Italian, International, etc.) For upscale dining experience, try Susur, Avalon, Boba, Canoe, Jump. Enjoy!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Brian Kilgore

Arrive early in order to eat leisurely. All the neighborhood restaurants are used to clearing out customers just before the show, but it does help to tell this to the waiter when you sit down.<BR><BR>Do you want to eat indoors or out?<BR><BR>Outside, on the patio, at Club Lucky, east side of John Street, between Richmond (that's where the south side of your hotel is) and Adelaide, is a good choice.<BR><BR>Can't help on the buffet Sunday, but someone else may comment on Movenpick, on York, just east of your hotel, which used to have a good buffet, and may still have one.<BR><BR>Hilton, kitty-corner from your hotel, used to have a great Sunday buffet, but again, I'm out of touch.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:14 PM
j

A wonderful place to have Sunday brunch is at Agora, in the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO)...reservations a must.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Brian Kilgore

Update on above. The Hilton buffet is gone, according to the waiter i asked there this afternoon.<BR><BR>The Movenpick buffet on York on Sunday is priced about $22-23, and kids are half price but I don't know the age limit, and the waitress I asked, who has only worked there a week, says the buffet is great.<BR><BR>BAK

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 12:08 PM
xx

I always enjoy the Marche in the BCE place..

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Bonnie

We enjoy going to Harbourfront on Sundays. There are several restaurants that have tables near the lake. It's a short cab ride from the Sheraton. There is also Lox, Stock & Bagel in the Hazelton Lanes in Yorkville.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Karen

For brunch the "Courtyard Cafe" at the Windsor Arms Hotel is very good if price is not an object. It is on Thomas St. just off Bloor St.