Cheap, safe Montreal Hotels

Aug 14th, 2002, 09:43 AM
monica

Cheap, safe Montreal Hotels

I'm looking for a cheap, clean, safe hotel in Montreal for 2 single women (under $100.00 US would be great). I'm looking at the Du Fort Hotel on Rue Du Fort and the Hotel De L'Institut on rue St. Denis. A friend who travels there on business is steering me toward the downtown area, rather than Old Montreal. Any suggestions for Quebec City, too? Thanks.

Aug 14th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Frank

Try the Clarion Hotel Montreal.
In Quebec, try Chategu Grand Allee.

Aug 14th, 2002, 10:52 AM
DianeG

You could try the Le Simone B&B (www.lesimone.net), I stayed there with a friend for two nights in June. It was clean and a pleasant place to stay. It's just two short blocks from the Berri Metro station and a $5-7 cab ride from Old Montreal. You should ask for a room with two beds, in the back, with ensuite bathroom and shower. The breakfast (which delicious croissants) is self-served.

Aug 14th, 2002, 11:37 AM
MB

My husband and I are planning a trip to Montreal and I'm going to get a hotel using Priceline. If you want to see what rates other people are getting hotels for in Montreal check out this website: www.biddingfortravel.com

I think I remember that I could expect to get a 3* for $50 US per night. You can't beat that!

Aug 14th, 2002, 12:58 PM
zootsi

There are several small, inexpensive, French style hotels along Sherbrooke East. This is a quiet,safe,upscale neighborhood, close to St. Denis, and not too far from the downtown and old city. Try the Argoat, Manior Sherbrooke, or Residence du Voyaguer - all well under $100 US. There are also many b&b's in this area. Hotel De L'Institut is also in this same general area. Old Montreal is also very nice, but more expensive, and a bit of a walk to the Metro.

Aug 14th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Gavin

We have stayed at the Du Fort twice and would consider going back after having stayed elsewhere on our most recent visit. Parking is included in the rate. The rooms that we have had were very large and have a kitchenette. The only real problem is that you are a bit further west than you would like but it's not a big deal since you need the Metro to get to some places no matter where you stay. The immediate area is pleasantly busy with an urban neighourhood feel rather than an office or tourist area.

Aug 15th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Tom

If you are going on a weeked, try the Omni. They are a business hotel and usually lower their rates on weekends

Aug 15th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Leslie

I will be in Montreal over Labor Day weekend (8/30 - 9/2), and bid on Priceline for a hotel. Am staying at the Crowne Plaza in the Latin Quarter for $67 per night, although someone on Bidding for Travel just mentioned that he also had a successful bid in the Crowne Plaza for the same time period at $65/night.

Suggest you look at Bidding for Travel and then bid on Priceline.

Aug 16th, 2002, 07:53 AM
stephanie

try Les Suites Faubourg St. Laurent