Cape Breton lodging

Search

Cape Breton lodging

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cape Breton lodging

Looking for opinions/comments from you as I choose between the Silver Dart Lodge and the Inverary Resort's Ceilidh Country Inn in Baddeck. I will be there for 3 nights in early August. Thanks!
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 11:40 PM

Both are lovely spots. The Inverary is directly on the water while the Silver Dart is across the road. The Inverary is in "downtown" Baddeck and the Silver Dart just on the outskirts. You will certainly enjoy Baddeck and its charming ways.
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 05:17 AM

I would choose the Inverary. There's nothing wrong with the Silver Dart but I think the Inverary is just more "in the middle of things". When you get there you will see how funny that statement is. We spend time in Baddeck every summer and couldn't love it more. Have a great trip.
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 10:10 PM

I have stayed at the Inverary and would not stay there again unless it was in the Argyle Lodge. The room we had in the lodge (Main House) was their deluxe room and it was old (we were told it was 5 years old) and was supposed to have a view.(NOT) The room we had in the Arglye was lovely and had a nice view. The food at the Lakeside Cafe was good. Argyle lodge is part of the Inverary Resort.<BR>The Silver Dart is across the street from the Inverary and both are the same distance to the town. The Silver Dart is a newer resort and the rooms looked to be newer.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 12:20 AM

Gee, I don't recall the Silver Dart being across the road from the Inverary. You can always try the MacRae House which is a lovely 3 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom house located in the middle of town. Rents for $169/night. You can make reservations at the Telegraph House. This is a private residence and not advertised. It has everything you need including a lovely old veranda to enjoy a cool drink!
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 05:25 PM

We stayed at ther Inverary in June. I think for children this can be lots of fun because you have access to several kinds of water craft on the lake. The lakeside res't. was also pretty good. However, the rooms were pretty motel-like and you can expect to share the resort with lots of busloads of senior tourists.
The town of baddeck is a lot smaller than we expected and we would probably have preferred to give ourselves more time on the Cabot trail and less in Baddeck if we could do it over.