Search

Calgary to Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calgary to Vancouver

Hello everybody!

My mother and I are planning a trip for October (around Oct 13-23rd thereabouts). We were considering a roadtrip from Calgary to Vancouver with stops in Banff and Jasper. We thought to start in Alberta and head west because as the days head closer to winter we'll be heading west into rain rather than snow. I know that it can snow that time of year but about what sort of snow are we looking at? We're from Los Angeles but I've driven in a heavy snow (there was still good visibility and it was a national park) but neither of us have driven in a blizzard much less white out conditions. I know weather can be unpredictable but how likely are we to expect this sort of snow on the road?
Can you give me some recommendations for things to see out this route or have any other suggestions and tips? Thank you!
Old Aug 7th, 2019, 08:40 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Avoid the hassle of a possible drop fee on a rental car. Take a Brewster bus from the Calgary airport to Banff. Check for a tour that takes you from Banff to Jasper with a tour on a glacier.
Once you get to Jasper, take the ViaRail Canadian train to Vancouver. Even if it does snow, you will safely arrive in Vancouver even if you are a few hours late. The Canadian only runs 2 or 3 days per week so check on the days that it leaves Jasper westbound.