Calgary/Banff in early/mid September 2023

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2023, 08:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We live in Portland, Oregon, but will be in NY for a week at the beginning of September and are thinking of visiting Calgary and Banff for 5-6 nights before heading back to Portland. I’m having a hard time deciding how to split our time—3 nights each in Calgary or Banff (if we can find accommodations)? Or a different schedule? And better to do Banff first or vice versa since we’ll be arriving and departing from Calgary airport? Suggestions welcome! Thank you!
Old Jul 16th, 2023, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depending on what time your flight out is, it doesn't really matter. For instance there's a few high traffic times that time of year. if your flight is sunday afternoon, be prepared for a lot of traffic coming back from banff into calgary. Otherwise I'd base it around your banff accommodations as that will be more tricky to plan around. That said, early Sept is a great time to visit Calgary/Banff.