Reload this Page >

Budget Accomodations in Quebec City?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 09:01 AM
monique

My husband and I are trying to find a budget place to stay in Quebec City! I know you people consider $150 to be 'budget,' but I'm thinking more like $50!<BR><BR>Auberge St Louis offered me a double with shared bath for $79CAN; I don't mind sharing, but I thought that was a lot to have to share. It figures that we want to go next weekend, when the prices haven't gone down yet.<BR><BR>Also tried Hotel Acadia which is full. Rue Ste-Ursule seems to have plenty of budget options, but I can't find much info on many of these places. Still waiting to here from Au Petit Hotel.<BR><BR>We really don't want to stay in a hostel -- would like a somewhat romantic getaway, if that's possible on our budget! It works for us in Europe.<BR><BR>Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 10:43 AM
okay

I don't think you're going to get any more responses with three postings than you would have with one. Especially with a phrase like "you people." If you already know what people think, why ask?

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:42 AM
zootsi

You will be hard pressed to find a nice place with a private bath for $50 US. Your best hope is on Rue Ste-Ursule, which is actually a nice street lined with b&bs. Try the James Thompson B&B. We stayed there about 6 years ago - very pleasant, I can't remeber if it had a private bath however. Realize that at some b&b's you may have to pay for parking also.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 01:28 PM
Susan

I agree with you - $150 is not budget. Having said that, though, it might hard to get something in the $50 range (are you talking USD or CAD?). Did you check www.bbcanada.com - they have loads of B&B's listed for all over Canada.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:44 AM
monique

Sorry, I only meant to post my question once! Not sure what happened. Sorry if I offended anyone.<BR><BR>I meant that most people on this board are not in my budget, that's all. I still value your information, and hope to use it when I get older and (hopefully!) have more money! But I sometimes see things that are in my budget, so that's why I sometimes post on this board.<BR><BR>I meant that I'd like to spend around $50USD. I will probably take the room mentioned above; I just thought it wasn't a great deal. Then again, the amount is much different when converted into USD!

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 03:17 AM
monique

Went last weekend. Had a fabulous time! And we found a place to stay in our budget:<BR><BR>Au Petit Hotel<BR>3 ruelle Ste-Ursuline, Quebec City<BR>http://www3.sympatico.ca/aupetithotel (they didn't answer my email; I had to call)<BR><BR>Cute little budget hotel in a quiet spot within the walls of Vieux-Quebec, in the Upper Town. We had a double room on the third floor (no elevator) with private bath for 70CAD. This place could use a little updating (ie the 70's style carpeting), but the uneven walls give it character. Modern, spotless bathroom, clean smelling bed covers, and fresh towels every day. Rooms have small TV (with several English channels) and a mini refrigerator. Staff (mother and daughter owners?) were extremely pleasant. They will bring breakfast up to your room for 2.50CAD each -- warm croissant, toast, OJ, fresh fruit, tea, coffee, or hot chocolate. Convenient parking available right at the hotel's little lot for only 5CAD per night! This place is a great value for couples on a budget-- we would definitely stay here again.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 03:18 AM
monique

OOPS! It's located at 3 ruelle des Ursulines, not Ste-Ursuline. It's off of rue Ste-Ursule. Sorry for the confusion!

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 03:54 AM
Valerie

Hi Monique, <BR>I always wondered about this little hotel, having passed it several times while walking in the upper town. I always thought it was interesting/cute from the outside. I like the area, quiet street but not far from all the excitement of Rue St Jean. Thanks for the review and I think like you as far as budget, $150 is not budget (and I usually stay at the $250CN night hotels) I did not take offense to your original post. Great review.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 07:26 AM
monique

Glad to be of use! The hotel is a little cuter on the outside than the inside! It would be a perfect little gem if they updated the carpets and added a few touches. <BR><BR>The best things about it (for me) were the location and the convenient parking. It is very close (although a little uphill) to St-Jean, where we were every night, but it is extremely quiet around the hotel. <BR><BR>All the little hotels on Ste-Ursule looked nice. I was surprised to see that they all had the 'Complet' ('full') signs out in the middle of October; except for the hotel with the large 'AAA recommended' sign out front -that one had 'Vacance'!