Big White report from January.

May 9th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Original Poster

Big White report from January.

A late report but...
We had a great time, too short ! We are fixing that by going back again in Jan 07 !! The Bullet Creek Cabins were very comfortable, plenty of room and easy access to lifts. The hot tub on the deck copped a good workout each afternoon ! It is so handy keeping your beer cold right next to your tub ! We were really spoilt by the quality and amount of snow ! Lift lines during the week were minimal, a few more on the weekend when the locals arrived. (half their luck to have this mountain so close !) We found the costs of lunches and snacks to be cheap compared to Australia. The staff are super friendly and about half of them aussies! Hire gear was good quality and the process was easier than Australia. We had a few cloudy (white outs !) but they were few and far between, most of the time magnificent and not as cold as we were led to believe ! The lifties are all friendly folk and the locals I shared lifts were all great, lots of good advice! It is a small world we ran into two other families from our home town and get this they were staying in the Bullet creek cabins and I ran into another guy I know at the top of the Black Forest lift. We loved the Black Forrest area early and the Gem Lake late in the afternoon. Overall, VERY impressed and as I said we are coming back for longer in January! Hey, I even like the Beer !

May 9th, 2006, 08:21 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Canada. I'm probably one of the few people raised out west who doesn't ski, but I know Big White is supposed to be pretty good. (Still waiting to hear why you didn't like Mexico City though .......)
May 9th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

OK susan quot;> sorry.
I'm all out of order now but I will get to it !!
May 17th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

I just heard that they are building a new 6 seater chair at Big White that will be open for next season !
May 22nd, 2006, 12:18 AM

Hi Marko, Sounds like you had a good time. We had great snow this year in BC You should try to ski a few days at Whistler next year too. I'm sure more than 1/2 the lifties are aussies.