Reload this Page >

Best golf in Whistler

Search

Best golf in Whistler

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:28 PM
Matt

Best golf in Whistler

Any suggestions? My wife and I are weekend hackers, but truly love the game nonetheless. We're looking for well maintained courses with great Mountain views. Basically, if you had to pick ONE course in Whistler (we only have one day to play) which one would be considered a once in a lifetime experience?<BR><BR>Also, are any of their courses ranked with Golf Digest or Golf magazine, etc....?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>Matt

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 06:13 AM
Matt

Any thoughts?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Matt

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 11:13 AM
sue

Well , i have seen 2 golf courses (never played), both have great mountain views. whistler is pretty well surrounded by mountains. one is "Nicolas North", very pricey from what i understand, the other, not sure of name but close to the village and is surrounded by the "valley trail" for biking and walking. im sure nicolas north would be ranked in mentioned mag's.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 11:21 AM
sue

Hi Matt,<BR>Just found out a bit more info. when i went into tourismwhistler.com, they mentioned 4 golf courses in whistler, and all are award-winning. I phoned the 1 800 no. and the fellow said if money no option and best one is nicklaus north. check out the website and you can choose other gold courses as well: nicklausnorth.com. HOpe this helps.

Old Mar 13th, 2003, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never played it, but enroute to Whistler we drove by Furry Creek Golf and Country Club and it looked nice. We stopped to take pictures of one hole with a peninsula green. Check out Golf BC at: http://www.golfbc.com/courses/furrycreek/index.html for a virtual tour. It's not in Whistler, it's on the Sea to Sky Highway
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Matt,<BR> I live here and play all 4 of the courses. They are all great, and it is tough to say which is the best because they are all different, but I guess if I had to recommend one, it would be the Chateau Whistler Course. It winds its way up the side of the mountain, and the views are incredible. It is a very tough narrow mountainside track, but you won't care about your score, because you will be too busy looking at the views. It is not uncommon to see bears on the course( I have seen as many as 3 in one round), so bring your camera. The rates are around $150/$200 CDN including a cart, depending on the time of year, which is typical of all the courses here. A cart is mandatory because of the elevation of the course. If you don't like using a cart, try Big Sky, which is 30 minutes north of Whistler , in Pemberton. It is flat, with very few trees, and it sits at the base of an 7000 ft mountain. It is very impressive, offers very good service, and is always in immaculate condition. Have fun. Cheers, Al