Banff to Calgary airport

May 5th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Banff to Calgary airport

How do I get from Banff to the Calgary airport, by bus or train
May 6th, 2009, 04:26 AM

Here is a link to the airport authority ground transportation. There are no trains that would suit your needs.

http://www.yyc.com/st/airport_guide/...sportation.htm
May 26th, 2010, 11:36 PM

Hello
This link doesn't seem to work for me now. Also is there any advantage in getting to Banff by bus and then hiring a car in Banff?
We will be returning to Calgary after 6 days in the Rockies.
Thanks in advance.
May 27th, 2010, 08:25 AM

You mean you are flying into Calgary, touring around for 6 days, then returning to Calgary? I can't imagine why you wouldn't just rent a car at Calgary airport.
May 29th, 2010, 09:39 AM

Ok thanks for the thought. We'll rent a car from Calgary Airport. Should we book rentals in advance or leave it till we get to the airport?
Due to the Iceland Volcanic Ash Cloud issue, we are a bit relunctant to pay for items in advance.
May 29th, 2010, 08:01 PM

You can probably reserve a vehicle but not pay until you pick it up. Try the websites for Hertz, National, Avis and Budget Rent a Car to compare prices.

It's better to have something reserved as the companies DO have busy times and you might otherwise have to take a more expensive vehicle than what you'd prefer.

Not sure where you are coming from, but Alberta is a very car-oriented province and it really is the easiest way to get around. There is little train travel in Western Canada and the bus service isn't that great either. Plus touring around the Banff area is by far best by car.
May 30th, 2010, 09:16 AM

Thanks for the advice. (We're Brits - say no more)
May 31st, 2010, 06:43 AM

Also try some travel websites like Expedia for car rentals. I am sure if your rent using your charge card and have travel insurance there should be no proble if we have trip delays. However, if your flight is going to be late if you can email the rental agency as we had our car rental given away in San Diego ( I know its not Calgary)as we were 5 hours late. I've have had bad luck with trying to rent a car when arriving at different airports so now I always reserve. Have a great trip and please drive on the "right" side of the road.

Mike