Getting from Banff to Calgary Airport, AB

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am almost there. Planning the whole travel plan (NJ to Calgary via Vancouver) piece by piece.
Now I need to figure out a way to get from Banff to Calgary airport. I have looked at the rental car option. It is expensive when you drop off the car at a differnent location.
The other option is taking a Brewster/Sundog/Greyhound bus to Calgary. Its not cheap either. Looking for a cost effective way to manage this part of the trip.
Do you know any better n chpeaer way to get there?
Pkease advise
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 02:45 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
How do you get to Banff in the first place? You are not headed for the Calgary Stampede are you? Personally I would ride ViaRail from Vancouver to Jasper and rent a car there.
Return the car in Jasper and ride the train to Edmonton for your flight home. ViaRail is somewhat cheaper than the Rocky Mountaineer. Ride in coach.
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

yes I am getting to Jasper via Viarail. Then we will take a tour bus to Banff. We are not taking a chance to drive long distance part (between Jasper and Banff) there. Not very comfortable with driving. Once I get to Calgary, I have friends and they will help me with the rides.
I just need the Banff-> Calgary part.
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 05:17 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
If you don't find someone willing to take you, rent a car in Banff- call the number on this link for your options. http://www.enjoybanff.com/banffCarRentals.php
I hope you enjoy your Brewster tour from Jasper to Banff.
I like the option to spend a little more time at an interesting location when I drive a rental car.
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM

<<The other option is taking a Brewster/Sundog/Greyhound bus to Calgary. Its not cheap either. Looking for a cost effective way to manage this part of the trip.
Do you know any better n chpeaer way to get there?>>

The Greyhound fare from Banff to Calgary (downtown) is $17 (advance fare). How much more cheaply do you want to travel?
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

laverendrye Yes you are right! I was looking a couple of weeks back. I thought I checked the Greyhound web page and couldnt find a schedule. After I saw your reply, I called the G'hound Int'l number and got to the Canadian G'hound and got a ticket price now. It is indeed v reasonable for advance non refundable ticket.
Tom, we are taking the Sundog tour from Jasper to Banff.Read a lot of good reviews online.
Thank you all very much.