Baddeck accomodation - for adults

Sep 19th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

Baddeck accomodation - for adults

Hi - we are researching accomodations for two nights in early august in Baddeck. I looked at Inverary Resort and am considering it but wonder if it is VERY family oriented with all the activities. I love kids but don't enjoy being surrounded on vacation! Also looking at Lynwood Inn. Any advise? Thanks, sue
Sep 20th, 2004, 08:51 AM
wow

Inverary Inn will be fine for you. I don't know anything about Lynwood.
Sep 22nd, 2004, 10:13 AM

when you go into baddeck, there's a tourist bldg that you can stop into and she will call around to various places to see what has availability.

OR

Duffus House Inn was right along the water and looked cute and quiet.

We stayed http://lynwoodinn.com/ because Duffus didn't have availability.
Sep 22nd, 2004, 01:42 PM

My partner and I stayed last month at the Broadwater Inn (cabins and B&B rooms) about a mile outside Baddeck. The accomodation was perfectly nice and fairly quiet, with few kids around. It's an easy drive (or pretty walk) to the downtown area of Baddeck. I recommend it.

While you're in Baddeck, do eat at the Bell Buoy restaurant. It was the best food we had in town. Plus, lounging on the front deck on a balmy evening watching the world go by after a busy day of sightseeing is a true pleasure.

The Baddeck Lobster Supper restaurant was a mixed bag: good lobster (and I presume good mussels, the way everyone was downing them) but mediocre everything else.
Sep 23rd, 2004, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

Hi - thanks for all the suggestions. We are traveling with a couple who want a few amenities - A/C and either King beds or two of something else. This really limits my choices in Nova Scotia, so any help is appreciated! sue
Sep 23rd, 2004, 11:33 AM

Call check-ins at 1-800-565-0000 and ask for accommodations that have king and a/c. If you want to post your findings, perhaps some of the places people can comment on?

We booked a house in Baddeck the first year - 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, right in the Village for $169/night. Call the Telegraph House for reservations. The second time we couldn't get the house and wound up in the Telegraph House. Only a couple of rooms have a/c but they were lovely, on the top floor, and a great view of the Bras d'or Lakes. We dined at the Bell Buoy (ok), had coffee/fruit and croissants at the bakery/coffee shop across from the Telegraph House, great pizza at the Yello Cello (with evening entertainment), and a great dinner at an Inn/restaurant at the top of Town (can't remember the name but it was a rose colored Inn). I am sorry we didn't eat at the Telegraph which did look quite good as well.

Baddeck is a lovely village - easy to see why Alexander Graham Bell enjoyed living there! Don't miss the museum - very interesting!