Search

14 days in BC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2006, 10:08 AM
mlj
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 days in BC

Hello~ I appreciate the suggestions I have gotten from my previous message. I think I have the itinerary straight (but any further suggestions are appreciated.) We will be there from October 9 to 23. I would like some feedback on the places to stay.

*Flying into Vancouver and driving to Whistler for 3 nights. Looking at either the Hilton Resort or Alpine Chalet B&B

*Driving to Ucluelet/Tofino for 3 nights. Like the Snug Harbor Inn in Ucluelet. Or would it be better to stay 1 there and then move to somewhere ?? in Tofino?

*Drive to Qualicum Beach for 1 night -- stopping along the way. Stay at Casa Grande Inn

*Driving to Victoria for 3 nights. Looking at
Victoria Marriott Inner Harbor or Delta Ocean Pointe

*Driving to Vancouver for 4 nights. Looking at Georgian Court or Granville Island Hotel (or is this too far out of the way?)

I would appreciate any further suggestions. I'm glad I started planning early! This is really time consuming (but fun!)

Thanks everyone!
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 10:14 AM
mlj
Original Poster

I forgot to add the Magnolia in Victoria as an option.
Thanks again!
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 01:54 PM
ltt

sounds like a great trip.
ucuelet/tofino - i wouldn't change hotels (i think that's a pain). it's just a short drive between the two.
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 06:19 PM

Magnolia is a nice little hotel in Victoria - pretty well located and quite new. The Granville Island Hotel is quite nice, albeit well out of the main downtown area - you will have to cross the Granville Street Bridge to get downtown - a cab ride, a bit too far to walk at night. The Georgian Court is ok - also a little out of the downtown area, but not as far out as Granville Island. Ucluelet to Tofino is about a 15 minute drive, or so. Probably more to do in Tofino, but Ucluelet is not bad. Delta Ocean Pointe is a nice hotel.
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 03:18 PM

Hi Mlj,

We stayed in Ucluelet last summer. Agree that it's an easy drive between there and Tofino and not worth moving.

Our best eats in the area was at Sobo's in Tofino. They advertise their "killer fish tacos" and they are truly wonderful. Didn't believe it until I tried it.