WHICH SYDNEY TERMINAL IS BETTER FOR LEFT LUGGAGE

Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

WHICH SYDNEY TERMINAL IS BETTER FOR LEFT LUGGAGE

Have an all day layover in Sydney before my International flight so will be wanting to leave my luggage somewhere at the airport for the day which we take in a Ferry ride and lunch etc before taking off late in the afternoon. Does anyone know whether the International Terminal is better for left Luggage or is the domestic terminal better - or in fact is there still a left luggage place at any terminat at all?
Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:17 PM

I'm not sure whether there is one these days, Lizzie.

What if you call your outgoing carrier & see if they'll let you book it in early/ hold it for you.

Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Call my carrier - thats a laugh Bokhara - its Jetstar......... mumble, mumble!!!!
Apr 3rd, 2008, 08:20 PM

Lizzy,
According to Google there are Left Luggage facilities at both Domestic and International terminals - which is the best - who knows!!
Apr 3rd, 2008, 11:08 PM

Lizzie - I've just spoken to QF and the deal is - no deal. Because of the security issues (blah blah) they've taken all the lockers away in both terminals, apparently. They won't allow you to book your luggage in more than 3 hours in advance of your flight departure.

All may not be lost, however.

The Railway has a storage area at 810 George Street, (Near Eddy Avenue) where they do have lockers etc.

So .. depending on how much you're taking, you could either take the train into Central from the domestic terminal, (or a cab) & dump it in the lockers at 810 George St and retrieve it on your way back out to the airport. Maybe a bonus - there are always cabs around that part of town & it's an easy run out to the airport from there.

Hope this helps.
Apr 4th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Prue and Bokhara2 for your suggestions and I will make sure that I have that address with me Bokhara so that I can just get to Central with the gear.
Apr 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM

That is really strange as if you go to the Airport Web site it states there are left luggage facilities - which I take it is an area complete with person to look after it - at a price of course. However, things change all the time so maybe this is no more.
Apr 6th, 2008, 12:17 PM

LizzyF:

Prue's correct - Smarte Carte (The trolley poeple) do operate storage areas in both T2 (domestic) and the International airport.
T2's is near Gate 42 and the International is on the Arrivals level near McDonalds.

http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/SACL...ge/default.htm

Sorry - the QF person I spoke with was obviously talking about THEIR facilities - didn't bother telling me there were general facilities within the airport One of those cases where I didn't phrase the question correctly, I guess. Or they weren't properly trained to know what's outside their own area. Unfortunate, because it's a reasonable expectation that they would and leads to mis-information, as in this case.

Anyway, this has been bugging me, so I called the number on the website this morning and confirmed that it does still operate. Hours are 5:30 am - 9:30pm on the International.
Apr 6th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Many thanks ladies - I was NOT looking forward to sitting at the Terminal for 8 or 9 hours, particularly as I have to get up at 4AM to get to Hobart airport for the 6AM flight - should be a law against that sort of take off time!