Search

Where to stay in Noosa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to stay in Noosa

We will be in Noosa for 3 nights in mid April (school holidays???). Accommodation options are so vast its mind boggling. Don't necessarily need an apartment, a good motel would suffice for this quick visit so would appreciate any recommendations. We are thinking Anchor Motel, anybody know of this place or stayed there???? Thanks for any help.
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 07:44 PM

Hi Patricia,

We have stayed at <a href="http://www.thecovenoosa.com.au/">The Cove Noosa</a> and thought it was great.

A small family friendly beach across the road and a 5 minute walk to Hastings Street. Perfect!

Tracey West
Busy Buses - <a href="www.busybuses.com.au">Sydney Airport Transfers</a>, Bus Tours, & Corporate Charters

Old Mar 12th, 2008, 08:26 PM

Patricia - last year my wife & I stayed at the Islander Resort, Noosaville, which is situated across the park from the Noosa River. Self contained apartments, full kitchen, 3 swimming pools, cafe & restaurant out the front, tennis courts (2), fully gated, etc, and loads of restaurants along the road adjacent to the resort.
Short drive to Noosa Heads, but what we did, was to catch the old ferry boat which starts from Tewantin, and stops at various locations(jetties), then finishes up at the jetty (rear of Sheraton Hotel, Noosa) then a short stroll to the beach, and before returning back home, a short stop at Noosa Surfclub, sat out on the balcony with a wine & beer & seabreeze, then back on the ferry to out stop, walked across the road to the Islander. The Noosaville River parkland beside the river, is just beautiful at any time of the day.
Ferry offers a all day hop-on/hop off pass, and I forgot to mention, the last run of the day, they allow couples or singles to bring glasses/wine & nibblies, and just enjoy the sunsets whilst cruising the river from inside or upstairs on the open deck. The litle ferry is beautifully preserved.
Last time we stayed at the Islander, we paid $90 per night for 2 persons. I will try & find their website...back in a moment.
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 08:31 PM

Patricia....their website is www.islandernoosa.com.au
The packages I referred to are the "specials", where you stay for 4 nights but pay for 3, or 3 nights and pay for 2, but you have to be very flexible with dates.
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for both those recommendations, I will email both properties. Have to say the Islander Resort has a really good price of AU$380 for 3 nights, seems very reasonable. We don't need luxury, just comfort and cleanliness.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 11:47 PM

Hello Patricia,

Last year me and my friends stayed at Ivory Palms Resort at Noosaville, their site is www.ivorypalmsresort.com.au .

The place really impressive. Actually we cannot wait to be back this summer.

The resort has a lagoon with a heated swimming pool. A wide space for my friends, bike rental, undercover game area, Two flood-lit, full size tennis courts, 2 spa areas which is perfect
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 11:03 PM

Hi all, anyone going to the Noosa mayfiesta? All month long - tix to Noosa for $49. So cheap. http://www.visitnoosa.com.au/

I'm hanging out there with my girlfriend for two weeks just to get out of Sydney. Not sure where we'll stay yet though...