Reload this Page >

Where to stay for Christmas in Noosa?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 02:40 AM
Sonia

Hi All<BR><BR>Am planning to be in Noosa next Christmas. Will be on a budget but would like to know of any good accomodation that would be fun over christmas. Am willing to splurge a little so any ideas will be very welcome!<BR><BR>Many thanks<BR><BR>Sonia

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 11:58 PM
To the top!

Anyone have any crimbo help?

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 02:42 AM
Daisy

Sonia, How many in your party? My partner and I stayed in a lovely little place right on a canal but a short walk from Hastings St and the beach. But it is best for couples. It comprised a deck on the edge of the canal, nicely decorated living room and tiny kitchen and bathroom etc; then upstairs was a loft bedroom. <BR><BR>If your group is larger, then you can look on the web for AccomNoosa and they have listings.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 03:29 AM
Sonia

Hi Daisy<BR><BR>It will just be my boyfriend and I, so somewhere for two would be ideal! How much did you pay?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Sonia

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 07:32 AM
lynette

Try www.babs.com.au! I've found great places there for my upcoming trip. There is a B and B that sounds great called, "Taylor's Damn Fine Bed and Breakfast." Have a great time!<BR><BR>Lynette

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 02:54 AM
Daisy

Hi Sonia, I can't remember what we paid - it was a year or so ago. The waterfront units are a little more expensive than those that face the inner garden, but we were very pleased we'd paid a bit extra. (I think from memory we paid around $140/night; but if you're coming from the UK, with the exchange rate the way it is, you get a good deal!)<BR><BR>It was lovely to wake up in the morning and look out onto the canal; and sit out on our own deck having breakfast. And the little kitchen meant we could self-cater for breakfast and have either lunch or dinner at home and go out to cafes other times. <BR><BR>Anyway, have a look at their site, and no, I do not have any connection with the place. But we liked it a lot It's www.caribbeannoosa.com.au. ("Caribbean Noosa" is the name of the place). I checked, and for the high season which is Christmas, they ask that you contact them. When you said "next Xmas" did you mean Xmas 2002 or 2003?<BR><BR>We liked that we had privacy, and yet if we wanted to go to Hastings Street or the beach, it was only a short walk. Actually, in terms of "splurging" there are many other places that are a bit more upmarket than this and there are any number of websites you could search, I guess. But we still liked this place anyway!<BR><BR>And while I think of it, if you go to Noosa, you must have a meal at our favourite restaurant - "Ricky Ricardo's". It's on the river and the food is great, and it's within walking distance from this place also.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 03:03 AM
Sonia

Hi Daisy!<BR><BR>Thanks for the info, I'll check it out today. It will be Xmas 2003. We are going round the world for 3 months starting next november, I can't wait!<BR><BR>No doubt I'll have a few more questions later!<BR><BR>Thanks again<BR><BR>Sonia