Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Where to stay Cairns/Palm Cove/Trinity Beach?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 03:38 PM
orat

We will be in the Cairns area for 3 nights and are trying to figure out where to stay. We have to leave very early for our flight out, so we don't want to be to far from the airport, but Cairns didn't sound too exciting. We were thinking about Palm Cove or Trinity Beach and would love some recommendations of nice places to stay there (or if there is a really great place to stay in Cairns). We have 2 kids. I have tentatively booked the Novatel in Palm Cove, but I was wondering aif there might be something closer to the airport. Trinity Beach seemed like a good location, so I'd especially be interested in any recommendations there. Thanks.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Christina

My hubby & I stayed at the Novotel Palm Cove last month. We didn't have a car, so we just paid the $10US/pp to hitch a ride on the shuttle bus to the airport, for our early morning flight. It's was about a 40min drive at 4:30am. <BR><BR>Don't let the early flight influence where you stay. Chances are an extra 1hr of travel won't make a difference! <BR><BR>Palm Cove was nice and centrally located. All our tours picked us up from the hotel for a small fee. We even took a shuttle bus to Cairns for a morning to shop.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Bethany Lee

My husband and I stayed at Trinity Beach at a place called Trinity on the Esplande. It was absolutely beautiful. We stayed only one night (the night before our flight back to Sydney) and I wished we had stayed longer. If you type "Trinity on the Esplande" into your search engine, I'm sure you'll find their website. I don't know if you're looking for something like that but if you are, I can tell you it is every bit as nice as the pictures show. Good luck and have fun. Australia is an incredible country!

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 12:51 PM
rad

cairns is the place to be, i just got back from a 2 week trip and cairns was lots of fun, shopping, great restaraunts and quick trip to the airport.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 08:52 PM
oratl

Thanks for the replys everyone. I'm still not sure what we'll do, but we do appreciate the help. Any other suggestions would also be welcome, especially places that are good with kids.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Nikki

Hi we stayed at Novatel Palm Cove and really enjoyed it. There were a number of families staying there and they had suites, one, and two bedroom apartments. Each group of buildings (3 I think) had its own swimming pool. The restaurant was excellent - we had nary a complaint. The restaurants in town were good too - all in all we could not complain about Palm Cove - the hotel picked us up at Cairns - we then visited Cairns and toured the Rainforest and the Skyrail and the train.<BR>