Wedding location help

Old Feb 20th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wedding location help

Hi,

My fiance and I and looking for that special place for our wedding. We would like to have a private outdoor ceremony on one of the islands in the Pacific or in countries such as Thailand or Indonesia. The ideal location would be on a sunny hilltop that overlooks the ocean. And of course, there needs be a resort and some facilities for supporting
the ceremony at the location. We have a whole year to plan, just donít know where. Any suggestion will be appreciated very much.

Thanks in advance

Katie
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 12:10 PM

Katie,
I would think any of the South Pacific Islands would be what you are looking for - although not sure about the hilltops!
We were at a wedding in Vanuatu last year - and it was perfect - very laid back - ceremony on the beach - bride arrives in dugout canoe - reception in marquee on the beach.
Guests stayed at the resort (Le Lagon) or elsewhere on the island.
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 10:52 AM

Mt Alava overlooking the Pago Pago (pronounced Pango Pango) harbour would be a very special spot -

www.samoanet.com/amsamoa/

http://www.samoa-picture.com/picture...o-harbour.html

www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/2690/samoa.html

WK
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 08:24 AM

katieling - I don't know where you live, but if you are not a resident of French Polynesia (or are not a French citizen), in order to be legally married in French Polynesia, you need to be LIVING there for 30 days prior to the wedding, and add an additional 2 weeks to that (so the weddings banns can be posted in the papers). In addition to that, All your documents have to be translated into French, and some of them have to be notarized by a French Notary.

The Tiki Village weddings as well as the ones at the hotels are not legal binding weddings.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 04:00 PM

Had some friends get married in Fiji, and it was pretty easy for them to do.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 01:04 AM

Try a place called the Cook Islands. To marry in the Cook Islands (English Polynesia) all you need is your passport, birth certificate and to have been in the country for at least 3 days prior to the day of the ceremony. Most large resorts on both the islands of Rarotonga and Aitutaki offer Wedding Ceremony packages. Try www.pacificresort.com for starters...