trip to Australia in October

Jul 7th, 1997, 06:17 PM
Kim

trip to Australia in October

I am a 42 year old female traveling to Melbourne and Sydney in October. I need some information about clothing and weather and fun places to go. Would someone please write to me at my email address and let me know what to pack and where the locals hang out? I like to listen to live music and go to clubs and dance or just sit and play darts. Thank you ahead of time. Kim

Jul 31st, 1997, 05:13 PM
christine

Kim- The weather is beginning to warm up at that time of year in Melbourne & Sydney. I was there 4 years ago & am going again in September. I have a friend there who is also online. I'll write him & see if he can help you out...

Jul 31st, 1997, 06:03 PM
Kim

Christine,
Thanks so much for the reply, am anxiously awaiting any news or messages from your friend.

Aug 1st, 1997, 09:07 PM
Michelle

Hi Kim, i'm an Aussie girl who lives in Sydney so if you have any more specific questions feel free to email me. To answer your previous questions, the weather in october should be great. Most days you will be fine in shorts and t-shirts and a jumper a night. That with a pair of jeans should be fine. Also don't forget your swim suit as there are many beautiful beaches in Sydney that you may want to check out. As for Melbourne the weather should still be good, maybe just a tad cooler and it tends to rain more than Sydney too.
Any other questions just send me an email and I'll answer them for you. Hope this helps
Michelle.

Sep 9th, 1997, 05:31 PM
Andy Bordelon

Florida couple in early retirement would like to casually tour the land of OZ and New Zealand over a 30 day period in October, 1998. We would like to find a Point of Contact to coordinate self-directed travel and tours. We prefer the "low-key" travel approach rather than the crowded pre-programed packaged tours. Any suggestions or contacts would be very nice.

Andy & Louise

Oct 2nd, 1997, 12:05 AM
Janti

I will be in Perth and Sydney mid October. I will be traveling with 2 little girls, a 2 years and an 8 month old. What bothers me is that nobody at the ambessy is able to tell me if there are any ristrictions on carrying baby food and baby milk. I would really appreciate it if anyone can tell me if I can bring them with me. Since I heard of so many rumors of how strict the Australion custom are.

Oct 2nd, 1997, 04:04 AM
Donna Lord

Dear Andy and co,
I live in Melbourne Australia and would be happy to answer any of your questions. Perhaps we can swap some information. My husband and I are going to the US in December/January. (We are planning to visit Florida among many other places)
Please feel free to email me at any time. Donna

Oct 2nd, 1997, 03:53 PM
Isabel

I am going to Sydney in early December with my husband and son. Can anyone recommend where to stay? We are looking for budget accommodations? Thanks.

Oct 2nd, 1997, 04:12 PM
Julie

Hi Janti,

You will have to declare all food stuffs upon arrival in Australia - you fill up a form on the plane and you have to list all the food that you have with you, and you have to show all of it at customs and they decide if you can bring it in - and if you can't they confiscate it. I don't know about your baby food, but milk should be ok. I know they don't allow pork but I'm not sure what else(maybe eggs - but I could be wrong here, so don't take my word for it).

Hope this helps.

Oct 11th, 1997, 12:53 PM
Bill Cancilla

Janti: My wife and I spent April and May this year in Australia as our daughter had twin girls. They have the same baby food, formula and milk as we have here. I am sure you will have no problems with Australian customs over baby food. There were lots of babies on the plane when we flew over.
Enjoy yourself. Bill