Search

Traveling through East Coast

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traveling through East Coast

Hey!

My friend and I are going to Australia 5.October and are planing to travel through east coast. Our plan is to travel for about 1 month, idk if that's too short time? Where do you guys think are the best places to stop? And do you think we should travel inland too, if so which places do you recommend.

Kind regards

Linda Joe
Old Sep 19th, 2016, 02:37 PM

First some questions. What are your interests? How do you plan to travel - with a hire car or using public transport? What age group are you? Do you want budget travel tips or can you afford more upmarket travel?
There are lots of suggestions that can be made once these questions are answered.
Old Sep 19th, 2016, 04:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
In addition to the questions posed above, I suggest you have a good look at the Website: www.australia.com,
a decent guide book and a scaled map.

This will help you with determining what meets your interests, where those things & experiences are located, and the distance & time required to go from one to the other.

Anyone of us could easily scope out a Month's Itinerary that we would love - but which may bore you to sobs.

Google maps & Rome to Rio are quite good resources for quick estimates of distances, travelling methods & times.

A month may sound like a long time, but the east coast of Australia is roughly 4,600 kms tip to tip, so you need to work out your priorities & start building from there.
Old Sep 23rd, 2016, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

We are both 21 years old. We want to experience both nature - we like hiking, water sports, seeing animals other activities and fun - like partying etc.
Our plan is to use public transport(hop on hop off). We want to experience as much as we can and also try to stay on a pretty low budget.
We haven't planned where we want to stay and how long, but we plan to travel the east coast for about 5-6 weeks (from Cairns-Melbourne).

Thank your very much for you advise, Bokhara2, I'll go check out that website
Old Sep 24th, 2016, 08:15 AM

https://www.yha.com.au

http://nomadsworld.com/articles/aust...t-of-australia

http://www.greyhound.com.au

Have fun!
Old Sep 24th, 2016, 02:44 PM

I'd also suggest having a look at the Lonely Planet website - you'll find more suggestions for backpackers on that.