To Sharon. re chocolate tour

Old Nov 13th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Sharon. re chocolate tour

Sharon, How did you make out with Cadbury's? Have you heard from them. It would be aweful to miss out on the tour!!
I'm also hearing great things about Tim Tam's and also Tip Top Ice Cream.
I'll have to do a LOT of hiking while I'm there!!
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 10:28 AM

Hi Kodi.
I still haven't heard back, just that computer-generated confirmation. I sent the tour request again on nov 10. If I don't hear from them by Monday, I guess I'll have to call the number on their website. Can't go all that way and not get my chocolate fix! Now, are there Tim Tam and Tip Top factories to tour as well? LOTS of hiking is obviously in order When are you going?
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Oh, Sharon, I like your thinking!! A Tim Tams tour and a Tip Top tour? Doesn't that sound great! I'll have to check that out.
I just checked in my NZ folder, which is getting bigger every day, and I definately got a confirmation letter the very next day from Cadbury's.
SO, I don't understand why you haven't heard. Perhaps you are going at a busy time or something.
I leave home on January 15 and I am so excited that I already have stuff laying out on the bed in my spare room. And I just bought a digital camera and have spent the day practicing!
When do you leave? and how long are you in NZ?
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 03:32 PM

My NZ folder is also ridiculously heavy; i wonder if it'll put me over the luggage allowance! We're leaving on dec 11, arriving Auckland on the 13. My husband flies back from Christchurch on Jan 1; my son and I decided to stretch things out a bit (since his classes don't start til jan 10) so we're going to sydney and the blue mtns for another week. We'll get back home (NY) on jan 9 - in time to fill you in on all the details before it's your turn!I also just got my first digital camera and am trying to learn how to use it. I've been warned to download the photos onto CDs at photo shops while we travel - just in case.
I'll definitely call cadbury - can't risk missing that one. Did you decide about the cape reigna trip? Have you gotten brave about the blackwater cave trips? I'll be able to give you a first hand report when i get back (assuming i make it out of the cave ok...) We're also doing a few other boat trips, one's a dinner cruise out of napier and then the dart river safari. If you need info on any of those, let me know.
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Oh, Sharon, You've got less than a month to go!
I've also been told to download my pictures on to cd's. And also to buy smaller flash cards. Then if something should happen to one before I get it onto a cd, I haven't lost the whole trip. So I'm buying smaller 32MB ( what ever that is!!)cards.
I'll be so anxious to hear about your trip.
I'm definately going to do one of the Cape Reigna tours, but haven't decided which one. I'd love to go on one of those jet boat tours.
North of Auckland is at the very end of my trip, and I hadn't got that far in the planning, but thanks to you, I have the web sites and have started looking at them.Ahh, so many tours, so much to see!
Please email me at [email protected]
if you have a chance. I'd like to ask you about more of your tours.
We are also renting a car, but I've signed up for a few tours.
It seems the best thing to do.
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 12:22 PM

Kodi and Sharon-- Have a great time on your trips! Please post trip reports once you return as we will be heading to the South Island next January ('06) and are interested in the Cadbury tour and Dart River Safari among other things you're planning! I am looking forward to reading about your lovely vacations. Liz
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 02:14 PM

Hi Tim and Liz. I'll definitely post everything when we return. Can't wait -4 weeks and counting down!
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Liz. I still have 2 months to go, and I'm already so excited.
YOu have lots of time to plan, and I think that's half the fun. I'll be sure and post a trip report when I get back.
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 12:27 AM

Hi, Kodi and Sharon,
There are many different-flavoured Tim Tams to try, and the ice-cream flavours seem to increase in number every time I look in the supermarket freezers!! It is so cool to hear the excitement in your postings.
Sharon, where are you for Christmas? Hopefully it will be warm and quite a different experience for you. Our Swedish 'daughter' found it exciting, but definitely preferred her white Christmases. You will be here during our school holidays which could be fun for your son, to meet some Kiwi kids.
Cape Reinga is quite an awesome place to go to, although it is some 35 years since we visited there.
Have a ball, girls!
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 09:45 AM

Hi Dotty.
OK, now that I know how much irresistable (fattening) stuff I'm going to be eating on our trip, I need to go back in time and start exercising! For Christmas, we'll be in Queenstown and made reservations for a special Christmas package for dinner/luge/gondola, etc. on the mountain. We'll be driving up that day from Te Anau midmorning. Don't think we'll miss the cold, new york weather at all! Can't wait to get there and I'll give you a current report on cape reigna!
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Oh Dotty, so many flavours to try!! I'll have to be fair and try them all. It's only right that I do that!
Yes you can read the excitement. I have stuff all over my spare bed already.... and I'm ready!!! It will be a real dream trip for me..

Thanks for the good wishes.
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:02 PM

Hi Sharon and Kodi,
Was breezing through old postings looking for one that regular poster Pat mentioned, and saw this old posting. I thought I must just add yet another ice cream brand for you to try! Kapiti Ice Cream - just love their White Chocolate and Raspberry, or their Triple Chocolate, or Feijoa Feijoa. It is quite expensive but worth a taste! If you girls are in Wellington for more than a minute take a trip out to Lindale, just north of Paraparaumu, about 40 minutes north of Wellington. (or you could contact me and I could organise something for you). This is an amazing little centre with a wonderful national award-winning cheese factory, the Kapiti ice creams, and local souvenir shops, PLUS a petting farm, some alpacas, and restaurant.
Sorry to do this to your already-panicking waistlines!! Not long for you, Sharon, and not much longer for you, Kodi.
Dot.
Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:02 AM

Hey, dotty - you trying to fatten us up even more? Not only will our luggage be overweight, but they'll make us buy an extra seat on the plane coming back, too! (Are they doing that over there cause some of the airlines here in the states are?)
Unfortunately, we won't make it down to wellington as we're flying from napier down to dunedin. I feel really bad about missing the bottom of the north island (and also the top of the south island) but there's just too much to do and see in your amazing country. Which means we have to come back!! I think kodi might be hitting wellington tho.
I really wish we'd have the chance to meet up and appreciate the offer. If you're traveling around at all, we'll be on the north island from 13 dec til 21 dec and the south from 21 dec til 1 jan. And where else can we buy this sinful kapiti ice cream?
Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 10:42 AM

Hi Sharon,
Will be in school until 16 Dec and don't go to Hawke's Bay till 23 Dec, so miss you there too! We are in Christchurch 30 Dec for about a week, so I guess not this trip! Will ring Kapiti later today and find out where you can buy their ice cream out of the Wellington region.
Dot
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Oh Dotty, I really do think you are trying to fatten us up!!!! I've highlighted Lindale in my tour book as a 'must stop'! Thanks so much for telling us about it.
SO, if we are coming from Rotorua area and heading for Wellington, will we be on the right road for a stop? If not , should we go that way? We have to catch the ferry in Wellington, but have left our plans fairly free. We have about five dasy after landing in Auckland to get to the ferry and want to see the area around Rotorua and not too sure what else. But lindale sounds like a good idea.
We want to see some sheep shearing. Would this be a good place? Better than Rainbow Farm?
I do believe it's only fair to try each and every flavour of ice cream!!! Don't you agree????
I'll see how much weight Sharon gains and take if from there!!!!
Ohhhh, ice cream, Tim Tams.... Cadbury's...I can't wait...
I'll have to try and be good over Christmas.
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 11:02 AM

Kodi, if you get on Highway 1 going to Wellington, you'll pass Kapiti. It's on the coast a little north of Wellington.

We didn't try the ice cream, but their cheese is great.

Lee Ann
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 11:22 AM

Hey, Kodi. I notice you're using me as your guinea pig here! I guess in the interest of making amends with our neighbors to the north (since bush clearly screwed that one up), I'm gonna have to taste all the flavors of everything and give you the reviews when I come back! At least you have christmas to try to be good - we'll apparently be stuffing our faces in NZ!
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Well, Sharon, I know it's a tough job, but somebody has to do it!!!
I want the blow by blow of each flavour!!
Oh that's right, you will be combining your Christmas pig out with the NZ pig out! I heard on the radio that the average person gains 7 pounds over the holidays. I'd better take stretchy clothes!
Lee Ann, thanks for the info.
It's good to know the road is the right one. I'm sure we'll stock up on cheese too.
Sharon, not many more 'get-ups'!!