Search

Sydney Serviced Apartments

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sydney Serviced Apartments

My husband and I are interested in locating a one bedroom serviced apartment in the Sydney area for Jan - March- near public transportation. Any suggestions on rental companies, recommended areas, and expected price ranges would be appreciated. Thanks! Myrtle
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 05:41 PM

Hi, Myrtle!
If you're staying for three months, you won't want somewhere like Quay West at the Rocks, which is great but VERY expensive, or even the bizarre Napoleon-on-Kent, which costs about $AUS120 a night and is built, believe it or not, UNDER a major overpass! You may like to get out of the city a little and stay in a lovely place like Cremorne Point, where you catch the ferry into the city (10 minutes. The trip takes you past the Bridge and the Opera House. There is a guest house there called Cremorne Point Manor; it's not EXACTLY what you're looking for, but it's quiet and elegant and beautifully-located in a residential part of Sydney. Their brochure (I haven't stayed there) mentions "stunning views across the harbour" and "quiet leafy walks", and although the rooms don't have a kitchen (there is, however, a refrigerator), the manor does have "a fully-equipped guest kitchen" where you can prepare and eat your meals.... a bit like a youth hostel kitchen, I guess, except that this is just a large house, so there are not many guests to share with. There's also a laundry and ironing facilities, and breakfast is included in the room price.Rooms start at $AUD52 a night, which is probably what you're hoping for if you're after a LONG stay. The manor has a website at www.cremornepointmanor.com.au so you can check out if this is the type of place you're interested in. Good luck!
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Original Poster

Hi Alan:
Thanks for the tip on the Cremorne Point Manor. I checked out the website and it does look like it has possibilities. It seems for a room with a queen bed we are still looking at $140AUD a night. Maybe we will have to pay that much, but we were hoping for something a little less. Access to public transportation, of course, is a must. Thanks! Myrtle
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 11:52 PM

Hi, again, Myrtle!
That $140 price is a bit of a shock.... it certainly doesn't mention that in the brochure! What a pity, as it looks like a great place! I certainly don't think you have to resign yourself to paying that much, and I will give the matter some further thought and see if I can come up with an alternative. There's a nice place just across the Bridge in North Sydney which has been mentioned before on this site, but, off-hand, the name escapes me.... "Janese" will know it, if she reads this post. There's also one in Glebe, just a few minutes by frequent bus to the centre of Sydney, but I can't remember its name, either! (My apologies, but I've been away from this site for three months, and it's amazing how one's memory goes!) As these tumble back into my memory, I will get back onto this thread.
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 11:57 AM

Hi Myrtle,
There are several serviced apartments in Sydney. Some of the ones Alan says sound great, here's another.
Not sure if it suits you but the Waldorf Apartments on Liverpool st has serviced accom.
We will be there the end of the year.
It does appear to be quite reasonable and they do special rates for long stays.
Transportation seems to fine from there too.
Good Luck
Muck