Sydney Restaurant Vote

Oct 16th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Patrice

Sydney Restaurant Vote

Hi Everybody,

My trip is almost here! We leave next Friday for Australia to get married! We want to go out for a nice dinner after our wedding, but just haven't been able to decide on which restaurant because it seems like there are quite a few very good ones from what I have read. I've narrowed it down to Forty One, Quay or Guillaume at Bennelong. What would you choose?

Thanks!
Patrice

Oct 16th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Alan

Hi, Patrice!
For memorable food, well, I really wouldn't know. But for a memorable overall experience, then you could scarcely do better than Guillaume at Bennelong! And you can take some great wedding photographs in the nearby Botanical Gardens, which, at this time of year, are just starting to look their best. I really think that, with the Bennelong, you are in store for an absolutely fantastic evening....just don't think about the bill until you get back home!

Oct 17th, 2002, 11:37 AM
margo

My vote would be Forty-One. Reviews of Bennelong have been mixed, as it's a fairly new re-incarnation. However, it must be an improvement on what was there previously. I've not tried the new one.

Oct 18th, 2002, 01:47 PM
John

Patrice:
After you've enjoyed that fabulous, romantic dinner and your wallet is wearing thin, be sure to visit Darling Harbour. There's a food court there with just about any cuisine you'd like. Australian, Mexican, Japanese, American and numerous others. And at a fraction of the cost of Guillaume's.
The Harbour is very entertaining with sidewalk cafe's and a beautiful view of of the area. The weather should be great.
John

Oct 18th, 2002, 11:33 PM
Prue

Patrice,
Whichever of the restaurants you choose I suggest you make reservations very soon as they are difficult to get into at the last minute.