Search

sydney hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sydney hotel

we are coming to sydney and want to choose the right hotel in the rocks area. any suggestions ?
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM

Try www.wotif.com but check cancellation conditions. I like Quay West or Quay Grand especially if there is a view of the harbour. Four Seasons is also very nice and if you have money to burn the Park Hyatt.
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:19 AM

I agree with Cilla. The Quay West is fantastic 5 star apartment hotel, which means you get more room for your dollar. The Four Seaons is also fantastic with service that is synonymous with the Four Seasons Brand.
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:42 PM
mjs

Loved the Grand Quay so much we cancelled our Four Seasons reservation.
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:44 PM

From your other post I gather budget is a factor. Palisades is a well located reasonably priced pub/hotel. I've put the link in below. I like the pub downstairs but haven't heard anything about the accommodation.

I have heard good reports about the Lord Nelson--another pub, their website link doesn't work. Both are historic buildings in the Rocks/Millers Point area.

http://www.palisadehotel.com/
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:58 AM

We loved the Lord Nelson. They were terrific and the room was great. The breakfast was awesome, also. There is also a wonderful laundry right across the street that did all of our clothes for us the morning we left for about $10 (AUS) - that included folding them so they were all set to go in our suitcase.

The Lord Nelson is not "in" the Rocks area per se. It is sort of out of the hustle and bustle, but still very accessible to everything you want to see and do. And we could see the Harbor Bridge from the window in our room. I would highly recommend it to anyone (and have on several occasions).