Search

Sydney Harbour Bridge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sydney Harbour Bridge

HELP! Is it really worth $250 to cross the bridge! Does it matter what time of day you go? Please reply with your feedback of the experience and the time of day that you went. Thank you!
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 07:37 PM

Crossing the bridge is free if you are walking, there's a toll heading south in a car.

The fee for climbing the bridge is fairly high. Search the forum using the button above for previous discussions about whether it is worth it and exact costs. It does seem to be very popular with tourists, I'd rather have a root canal than climb up there!
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 10:04 PM

http://www.bridgeclimb.com/

I hope the above link helps. We are from Brisbane (where we now have the Story Bridge climb) and always thought much the same as Susan7 and never saw the attraction. But a group of us were in Sydney and one person in particular really wanted to do it. So, one in.....all in. I have to say I completely and utterly enjoyed it. The view is wonderful. I was like a wide eyed kid the whole time. Even the one person in our group is height phobic.....loved it.

As you will see from the above link, it ranges from $179 - $298AUD. The most expensive if for a dawn climb. We went mid morning. Hope it helps.
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 10:06 PM

It does, depends on whether you prefer dawn, midday sun, dusk, night climbs etc. Someone I know climbed on Australia Day and was able to catch the planes flying over in formation. Never tried it and never will.
http://www.bridgeclimb.com/default.htm
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 10:52 PM

It's an amazing experience. A former colleague took 10 up for his birthday. It takes 3 hours and I enjoyed every minute of it. We went in the winter in the morning. The sky was really clear and we could see for ever.
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 05:25 AM

Rather depends on whether you think $250aud is small change. It approximates to 10 nights in a dorm bed somewhere in the city, or one night in the lux accommo usually favoured on this site.

I have to tell you that I think it is a tourist thing. I mean how good does the view have to be. You can get a brilliant view for $7 by climbing the SE pillar, but of course when you go home you won't be able to say you "did" the Bridge Climb.

YOUR CHOICE - be a conformist and wow the dinner tables back home or be an individual and do something different.