Reload this Page >

My son's13th birthday in Sydney

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 09:42 AM
Ilka

We 're off shortly for a vacation to Aus, NZ and Hawaii. We'll spend three days in Sydney, one of those days is my son's 13th birthday. Going from 'just kid' to teenager is a big deal. Does any one have a suggestion for something special to do on his big day?

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:32 PM
Kay

Possibly the harbour bridge climb, but I think there is either an age limit or height limit (or both). Worth checking out. What about a harbour cruise with BBQ lunch?<BR>Kay

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:59 PM
Norma

Agree with Kay that the Harbour Bridge would be a fantastic way to mark the occasion. The age limit is 12, you can get all the relevant info at their web site www.bridgeclimb.com - remember that it is cold here this time of the year so pack something warm if you are doing the bridge climb!

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:31 AM
Alan

Hi, Ilka!<BR><BR>My first thought was the bridge climb also, so I think you have been well-advised... everyone seems to like this. But if you don't mind spending a bit of money, and you want something REALLY special that your son will never forget, take a look at www.balloonaloft.com/ Few tourists get to do this, because it means getting up before sunrise and making your way to Camden Airport, which is over an hour's drive from Sydney.... but it is, I hear, a never-to-be-forgotten experience. For other ideas, check out this site: www.clickforaustralia.com/NSWTours.htm.<BR><BR>Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Ilka

Thanks for all your suggestions, I love the idea of the baloon ride! We might do both the ride and the bridge climb if we feel energetic enough.<BR>