Search

Sunshine Coast flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunshine Coast flights

can someone tell me if I can fly direct from Maroochydore airport to Cairns?

thanks
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:38 AM

No you cannot and if you did it would cost a heap more than going back to Brisbane and flying from there.
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

thanks, so if I want to get to Cairns do I fly back to Brisbane or bus or transport, or what are my options? Appreciate your help.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 05:06 PM

I'll make your day Dirty Harry and tell you that you have plenty of choice for getting back to Brisbane.
You can get a bus from wherever you are to a rail station and take the train OR you can take a bus. I havn't lived there for 10 years and am not up on the transport scene but I am also sure that you can get the "AirPorter" or Airport Con-x-ion ( or something like that ) which will pick you up at your accommodation and deliver you to the airport in Brisbane in time for your flight. You have to generally book the day before and tell them what time the flight is and they will tell you when to be ready for them - no fuss, no mess and its a great service.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 04:39 PM

Yes there are a few direct door-to-door bus companies on the Sunshine Coast. Depends where you are. Henry's leaves from Noosa, www.henrys.com.au as does Sun Air www.sunair.com.au and a few others. It takes about 1 hour from Maroochydore to Bris airport depending on where they pick you up from. I think it's about $30-$40.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

thanks Amanda and Liz, an unrelated question about rainy season. We will be on the coast from Sydney to Sunshine Coast to Port Douglas last week of Feb and couple weeks in March. Does rainy season mean rain all day or downpour for an hour?
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 11:59 AM

Yes, no, maybe, perhaps, the possibility of, a chance of - does that sound like a weather forecaster for you?
You can be lucky and the rainy season will only bring rain every few days for an hour or so in the PM or you can be unlucky and find there is a cyclone off the coast which has caused a rain depression and it pours for a solid week and you begin to gather pairs of little animals just in case.