Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Info on shuttle bus servce to "Verona" (Brescia) airport, and the possibility that the bus service is not synchronized to Ryanair flights?

Search

Info on shuttle bus servce to "Verona" (Brescia) airport, and the possibility that the bus service is not synchronized to Ryanair flights?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2005, 08:50 PM
rex
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a posting, requesting info that should be/seems to be available directly from the Ryanair website (actually, link to http://www.cgabrescia.it/orarinavetta.htm available on the Ryanair website).

Does anyone have recent experience with this? I received an e-mail with a question to this effect. It continues to perplex me why someone would send a one-on-one e-mail to one individual with a question like this, rather than post it here, where there are literally hundreds of prospective respondents - - and hundreds/thousands of people who benefit from PUBLIC answers to PUBLICLY asked questions.

I hope this helps her get an answer, and I will direct her to this thread, hoping she will post additional information about her dilemma.

This is not meant to be a public scolding, "Liz"... but this is how a message board works. You ask a question... not to a specific individual, but to the broad universe of people who may be able to provide an answer... and countless numbers of readers learn from the replies... some direct, some tangential, some "cross-examinations"... all useful.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 01:01 AM

I used this service last year without any problem.

There is a bus service to Verona Station and a minibus service to Brescia station, with departures 20-30 mins after Ryanair arrivals.

Steve
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 03:40 AM

I've also been wondering about this. I'm flying in to Verona Brescia as well from Sevilla and it gets in at 12:40. I reconfirmed it just to make sure because it says the shuttle to the Verona station leaves at 11:30. So I'm not sure what to do and if there are other ways to get there or if it would be better to try to catch a train out of Brescia.

Any suggestions?

Also, Steve, is there more than one shuttle bus a day and maybe just isn't showing it?
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 08:13 AM
rex
Original Poster

Interesting. The e-mail I received made reference to a 12:40 arrival, and I could not find any such flight. The Ryanair web site does show SVQ-VBS as a valid city pair, but I can not find any such actual flights, searching through the next several months, nor on their route news.

When is this proposed travel? If it is months from now (in 2006?), I would bet anything that bus scheduling will be revised to accommodate passengers arriving at that hour.
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 09:51 AM

sounds like she trusts you. rex, more than the rest!!!

be flattered.

i am also flying into vbs INSTEAD of byg this weeknd from vlc. we are renting a car, but i suppose the bus will coincide for passengers that have been re-routed to this airport due to the runway paving from 6th til 9th, no matter what the website says. wouldn't be very nice otherwise.. but i wonder if there will actually be a bus to take the passengers who had booked really into byg... they are ending up quite a distance from what they thought.

that is the bus i assume will run for sure 30 min. immediately afer landing.
Old Oct 6th, 2005, 06:52 PM
rex
Original Poster

She never responded, and I even e-mailed her the URL to this thread.

I will never be flattered by someone writing a private e-mail to me, when a PUBLICLY asked question.... <i><b>here</b></i>... with PUBLIC answers, is what works.