Search

Stopover Toronto- Perth

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stopover Toronto- Perth

I am travelling Toronto -Perth in August. I am looking to find a reasonable flight (Cathay is offering 1750 CAD which I like) but would like an interesting stopover for a few days other than Hong Kong (been there already). Emirates flies through Dubai but its a great deal more $ and Im not that interested in Dubai.

Ive also done TO-LA-Sydney-Perth too many times. One stopover would be great.

Any ideas?
Old May 1st, 2016, 05:37 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
How about New Zealand?

Air NZ flies their Dreamliner from Auckland to Perth and return - we did this many times when we lived in Perth, using Auckland as a stopover before connecting to an Air NZ flight to LAX or SFO. Worked really well for us and was a nice change to flying through Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul.

How long a stopover are you interested in?

I'm not a fan of Air NZ coach, but they do have an excellent Premium Economy option (and of course Business Class which is awesome). I doubt you can beat the price you already have on Cathay though, which sounds like an incredible deal - we seldom got to the US (Colorado) from Perth for under $2,500 US - in coach.
Old May 2nd, 2016, 02:32 PM

How about a stop-over in Fiji or possibly French Polynesia? Both nice places to enjoy the sun and relax.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 06:03 PM

If you are using the Cathay YYZ-PER fare as a benchmark, you are going to find it hard to come close to that price with or without a stopover. We do that route annually and used to use Qantas but apparently the YYZ-HKG route is very competitive so Cathay provides a ‘can’t be beat’ fare.

We’ve just returned from a trip with Cathay YYZ-HKG (stopover) BNE (stopover) then used Virgin to travel domestically, home PER-YYZ. I believe the international flights cost about $!,800 when we booked months ago, the cheapest we’ve ever gotten. However, just now when I checked the CX website for October the YYZ-BNE return was all over the map, (no pun intended) from about $2,600 to $11,000 !! Cairns was about the same. It would probably be worth your while to give Cathay a call--I’ve known them to have wrong fare info posted before.

You might want to consider Bali as well for its direct flights to PER.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 06:13 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Well...Bali is a suburb of Perth
Old May 4th, 2016, 03:43 AM

Yep, just like Cancun is a suburb of Toronto. Must go sometime.