Search

shopping for Thai silk in Sydney

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2003, 02:11 PM
lsf
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shopping for Thai silk in Sydney

Coming from San Antonio Texas to Sydney and wine country - first timers. I've heard one can buy Thai silk yardage (and other silks too)at $2-$5 a yard - is this true??? Where would one find this? Thanks for your response, Love to shop, Lynn
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 04:50 PM

Sometimes you can be lucky and get Thai silk at good prices but you won't get the range of it that you would say in Thailand. Probably the factory outlets or fabric outlets would be the best bet. I have not shopped for that in Sydney myself but have been able to purchase Thai silk for about $5 Au a couple of times. Perhaps the Sydneysiders can help you here.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 06:57 PM
lsf
Original Poster

Thanks Liz, I see your postings on a lot of write-ns and you are so terrific to answer so many questions. Lynn
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 06:16 PM

I am sorry this is a bit vague - I have been wracking my brains for the name of the store - to no avail.<BR>However, in Castlereagh Street, Sydney, directly opposite David Jones Department Store there are three Shopping Arcades - in the middle one of these - right on the top floor is a huge and wonderful Fabric Retail Store - which would be well worth a visit as they have an enormous range of Thai Silk and anything else you can think of.<BR>
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 02:23 PM

The store Prue is thinking of would be Lincraft I think in the Imperial Arcade. Home Yardage on York St just around the corner from QVB doesn't have quite as large a range but is probably a little cheaper. Spotlight stores are also good - the only one I can think of is at Birkenhead (factory outlet shopping centre) in Drummoyne. Cheers...
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 06:38 PM

Lucy,<BR>Thank goodness - it has been driving me mad trying to think of both Lincraft and the Imperial Arcade!<BR>I always think Lincraft have a wonderful selection of fabrics - and would be worth a visit.