Search

Port Douglas Accomodations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 10:39 AM
cr
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Port Douglas Accomodations

I was originally going to spend a few days on Green Island until I found this site and read about it. Now all the island alternatives require some sort of airplane ride. I'm landing in Syndey and would have to land in Cairns or something and then take another flight to the island unless I was going to Hamilton Island. So we are looking into just staying on the mainland. We're looking into Port Douglas but would like to stay at a beachfront hotel/resort. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 06:13 PM

Can I offer another suggestion - Palm Cove (between Cairns and Port Douglas) is a delightful little village with a nice beach and a good selection of accommodation right on the waterfront.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 05:28 AM

Take a look at the peninsula botique hotel. right accross a small street from the beach. there are not many beachfront hotels in PD thought. The Sheraton Mirage is pricey and too far to walk into town - but very nice. You may also want to check into renting an apartment-just search around on google. If you go during stinger season you won't be able to go into the water unless you limit yourself to the swimming net area which is very small. I recommend an Island.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 06:38 AM

Hi,<BR>Another option is The Portsea. It's quite new and has a variety of rooms and suites. I thought the front desk employees were great and the rooms were nice and clean. It has direct beach access and is about a 10min. walk to the main part of town. I stayed there in July for almost a week and would go back again in a second.<BR><BR>Debbie <BR><BR>www.theportsea.com/virtual-tours.html
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 08:23 AM

We were going to stay at Portsea, but then we decided to stay at Archipelago Studio Apartments because we were going to splurge on the 1 day Lizard Island trip with Daintree Air. I've heard good things from travel books and other travelers regarding Archipelago.<BR><BR>www.archipelago.com.au