Rugby Game- Sydney or Cairns

Apr 30th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

Rugby Game- Sydney or Cairns

I will be in Sydney and Cairns/Port Douglas June 28 to July 16 with 2 teenage girls. They would like to go to a Rugby game while we are there. (One plays Rugby on a college club team and loves it) I would like info on any professional, university, or club team that will be playing during this time. Ticket information or websites would also be appreciated. Thank you.
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:56 PM

The following websites will be of use to you and should provide all the information you need:
rugbyheaven.smh.com.au
nswrugby.com.au
rugby.com.au
and also ticketet.com.au who are the ticket agents for the bigger games.
Unfortunately, the Super 12 Series which is played between Sth. African, New Zealand and Australian teams will have finished by then but it is very likely there will be overseas teams here to play the Wallabies -
Otherwise there will be local competitions in both Sydney and Brisbane played each Saturday.
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:47 PM

Prue, should that be www.ticketek.com.au?
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:01 PM

Yes, Neil is right it should be
ticketek.com.au
Also having given it more thought - I think a Club Rugby game in Sydney would probably be your best option - providing of course you will be there on a Saturday.
There is a team from Sydney University in the main competition and if you strike a day they have a home game it would be a great opportunity to see the University itself, which the girls might enjoy as well.
Please let me know if you don't have success with the sites I have given you and I will make some enquiries at this end.
I have no knowledge of whether Rugby is played in the Cairns area (will probably get shot down by a Queensland rugby fan now!) but hopefully someone from that area will be able to help.
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:31 PM

See Northern Suburbs play Penrith at North Sydney Oval on Saturday July 3.
Catch the train to north sydney station and walk up Miller street.Have a beer at the Rag and Famish hotel for me.

North Sydney oval is great spot and a ground of character.Unfortunately there will be two and a dog at the game.For more colour and a larger crowd try a rugby league game that weekend in sydney.
May 2nd, 2004, 08:10 PM

Rugby League ? Colour ? If it's colour, excitement, fast moving, free-flowing football you want, try an AFL game ! Here's the Sydney Swans fixtures for this year (http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=fixture), admittedly I follow another AFL team, but it doesn't matter, once you've seen ONE AFL game, you'll never go back to the alternative!