Restaurants in Auckland & Queenstown

Jun 15th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Joel

Restaurants in Auckland & Queenstown

Hi there,

What are some of the best restaurants in Auckland and Queenstown? I would like to know what are some of the must visit establishments in both places.

Cheers,

Joel

Jun 17th, 2002, 05:33 AM
Ronald

The best is McDonald! The McKiwi is delicious and the service is excellent.

Jun 17th, 2002, 03:27 PM
val

There are dozens of excellent restaurants in Auckland - forget the McDonalds. The main restaurant "areas" are Ponsonby, Parnell and the Viaduct Basin with many good eateries in the suburbs as well. You will have no problems. Orbit restaurant at the Sky Tower is great (allow about $60 p.p.) - the view is worth it but you need to book. Leonardos in Ponsonby is an Italian restaurant and very good but there are just too many to mention. Bon appetite.

Jun 18th, 2002, 03:37 PM
erik

Try out the Belgian Beer Bar in the Aukland CBD for the best steamed pot of green liped mussels in garlic broth.

Jun 18th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Dawn

Hi Joel - we returned last month from our 3 week honemoon in New Zealand - you are going to love it! In Queenstown, we enjoyed Boardwalk (great seafood!), Gantly's, and The Cow (casual, great pizza).

The Parnell and Ponsonby advice is great - so many fabulous restaurants! I thought Parnell was more "walkable", to stroll and read menus, but both are great. In Ponsonby, we loved Provence, a fabulous French restaurant.

close to Sky City is a great italian restaurant called Toto. We loved the seafood throughout New Zealand, and of course the fabulous wine!

Jun 21st, 2002, 04:05 AM
John

Erik:
Thanks for the post. We ate at the Belgian Beer Bar and it was wonderful. I had forgotten the name and thank you for reminding me. I also recall a plethora of restaurants in the vicinity.
John

Jun 21st, 2002, 05:41 AM
Yummy

What type of food is served at the Belgium Beer Bar? Would it be like "Belgo" in Brussel and London(Micro brewery specializing in mussels).

Jun 21st, 2002, 08:24 AM
wow

Try trhe ponsonby website. www.ponsonbyroad.co.nz.

Really good restaurants - GPK Restaurant, one red dog.

Also try Euro - on the waterfront and also the Sky Tower.