Reload this Page >

Raro, Aitutaki and Manihiki!!!!!!!!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 06:13 PM
Kristy

Hello, <BR>Has anyone stayed at the Sokala Villas on Rarotonga and/or Aitutaki Lagoon Resort in Aitutaki? We are also going to Manihiki and staying a week. <BR>My fiancee and I are planning to get married in the Cooks and can't decide between Aitutaki or Raro. This will be our first visit and we are very excited. Any helpful information would be much appreciated!! <BR>Warm Regards, <BR>Kristy <BR>

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 01:27 PM
Peggy

We stay at Pacific Villas, next door to Sokala in May 99. Great location on best beach, Muri. Due to bad weather we weren't able to make it to Aitutaki & we are planning a return next April. I'd love to get more info on Aitutaki Lagoon resort also. Trying to find packages & availability now. Raro is a great island. Good food, friendly people, easy to navigate, gun Friday night out, clean & safe. The Flame Tree restaurant is excellent & walking distance from Sokala & Pacific Villas. Many good restaurants around the island & reasonable rates. Viama's was also good. We are going to split the time between Raro & Aitutaki. You can "do" Raro in 4 or 5 days & then head for the outer island for a few days. Sokala Villas looked nice, built in a half square configuration with balconys. Not sure of the cost but the villas at Pacific are excellent. Koromiri is facing the lagoon with no obstructions. <BR>Good luck & let me know if you find out any information! <BR>Peggy

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 01:34 PM
Peggy

Oops..That is FUN Friday nights out!!

Old Aug 22nd, 2000, 07:16 PM
Kristy

Thank you Peggy for your response! My fiancee and I are now planning on going to Rarotonga, Aitutaki, Atiu and Mauke. We were planning on Manahiki but the return flight is already booked. We plan on getting married at the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort in November. I'll let you know how our trip went! <BR>Thanks..

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 10:19 AM
Peggy

Great! I will be interested in your impressions of Aitutaki Lagoon Resort. I have to wait til the 1st week of Sept to book since they have not listed prices past Mar31, 2001 yet. Did you book the beachfront cottages? If you don't mind me asking, or just e-mail me direct, who did you book with & what was the Aitutaki cost? I have got so many quotes that have HUGE variances. Best of luck on your trip, hope the weather is wonderful! Peggy

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 10:38 AM
Karen Kaiser

YES!!!!! I stayed at Sokala during my honeymoon two years ago, and still think about it soooo often! I loved Raro, and Sokala made the stay so memorable. The owner, Lawrence, is so nice and the bungalows/cabins are beautiful, secluded, and unique. You MUST stay in Sokala, rather than in one of thost all-inclusive resorts which are just overcrowded tourist traps. I'm so jealous! As for Aitutaki, the island is definitely worth a visit - especially for a day out on the lagoon. One Foot Island (in the lagoon) is pretty special when it's deserted. I stayed at the Aitutaki Lodges, which I wouldn't recommend. I'm sure the Lagoon Resort is good, though. Buy some black pearls on Manihiki, and enjoy Raro! It's such a special place.....

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 02:38 PM
Peggy

?? There aren't any huge all inclusive overcrowded tourist trap resorts on Raro. At least not yet. The biggest is The Rarotongan Beach Resort. That is what makes it so nice. Our villa at Pacific Villas was stand alone & private & right on the beach. Couldn't ask for more.

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 07:00 PM
Doug

I stayed at the Kiki on rarotonga..they <BR>have rooms from Budget up to VERY nice ocean view rooms... also great owners and friendly staff. All I can say about Aitutaki is "Heaven on Earth" albeit fairly quiet compared to Avarua on Rarotonga...Vaya con Dios!