Search

Queenstown Christmas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Susie

Queenstown Christmas

Where in Queenstown would be a nice place for a family to have a traditional meal on Christmas day? Are most restaurants open on Christmas eve and day?

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 12:44 PM
John

Susie:<BR>Roaring Meg's would be great. I think they have a web site. Go to google.com and type in roaring meg's. That should help.<BR>John

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Susie

Great suggestion!! But I checked their website and they are closed on Christmas day. Any other ideas?

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 12:59 PM
John

Susie:<BR>OK. Go back to google.com and type in Queenstown restaurants. I just did and there are a slew of restaurants. Maybe you can find one open on Christmas day.<BR>Good luck.<BR>John

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Susie

I've checked the websites and still can't find a family Christmas dinner option. Some places are closed, others fully booked, and still others seem to be quite elegant and not really interested in welcoming families. Any more suggestions???

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:41 AM
Suz

Did you check with your concierge at the hotel you'll be staying? They can usually help.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Joan

we are an upmarket high country homestay in Te Anau who have been turning away bookings to keep xmas clear for family, now our son &amp; daughter in law have decided to stay and look after guests (&amp; the farm!). If we can be of any help please let us know. just email us direct. we are 2 hours from Qtown, very close to milford &amp; doubtful. we often host families and they absolutely love it here. if you need to check us out look up the &quot;Friars Guide&quot; for discerning travellers, under Mt Prospect High country Homestay. Sorry to sound like an ad, but your family needs somewhere special to have christmas and you would be more than welcome.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Kari

For Christmas Day dinner take your family on the TSS Earnslaw to Walter Peak Station. It includes a Christmas Cracker and Santa. Or take them to Skyline (also a Christmas Cracker and Santa). There is a Community Christmas dinner COMPLETELY FREE TO ALL with entertainment, decorations, wee presents, and a terrific meal. It is held at 6:30 at memorial Hall. Enjoy Christmas in the Southern Alps!