papau, new guinea

Oct 4th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

papau, new guinea

Want to take an organized trip to Papau, new guinea. Anyone who has taken a trip and has recommendations, please advise. Thanks, Helen
Oct 5th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Janese

Do you 'have' to go to Papua? I don't know that there are any organized trips because there are few people who go there for very good reasons.

Oct 9th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Lee

I am in the process of arranging a tour of New Guinea for myself. There are organized tours, as well, so check the net for an agency. My agent seems very patient and knowledgeable. I see no objections to wanting to visit PNG.
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:34 AM

I would do some very careful searching in advance, I think Janese was making a point on the very serious safety issues. I am basing that not on what is in the press but from meeting a busineman who had to go and he said that although staying in the top hotel in Port Moresby he could not even comtemplate leaving the secured property after dark, I think in fact the hotel refused to let guests out after dark! I don't think it's an issue that you would get a problem more that you weill be very restricted on movement.
Oct 11th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Janese

James was absolutely right I was talking about the safety issues. When thinking of Papua - think Columbia, South America as they rank about the same in safety.

Oct 12th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Lee

I agree that Port Moresby is risky, but responsible tourists and tour operators realize this and spend a minimum of time there. Sepik River tours operated by several agencies should be ok, and I am looking forward to one.