Northland or Coromandel Peninsula

Old Aug 6th, 2003, 09:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northland or Coromandel Peninsula

We currently are planning three nights in Paihia (hope I spelt this right) and two night on the Coromandel Peninsula. Does this make sense or should we just spend the time up north.
Thanks for the advice on my earlier post, I have sorted a lot out with the advice.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi John again
Both drives are quite long and windy, for the Coromandel you could go up the inner side to Coromandel township from Thames or up the seaward side to Whitianga. Both are very scenic but need concentration on the driving, do not recommend the driver to be gazing around. For Paihia you have Russell as well, historic little town, but both can be covered in one day. There is the Hole in the Wall trip from there, takes you out past many lovely islands and a stop off at one then to the rocky coastline and back. Recommend a calm day for this trip. Kerikeri is worth visiting, there are many lovely beaches and you could take the day trip to Cape Reinga along 90 mile beach.