Nelson accomod for 8? Villa Victoria?

Oct 14th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Nelson accomod for 8? Villa Victoria?

Has anyone heard anything about this place? I've searched all the usual travel message boards and can't find anything. They are right next to the Boat Shed restaurant and seem pretty reasonable for our size group. Any input?

And if anyone has another idea for us for two nights early December, I'd appreciate it. Already have looked at the Wheel House and Harris Hill Cottages, although decision isn't mine so need to run by those in charge

Thanks
Oct 16th, 2007, 04:42 PM

The only Nelson I know is near the Victoria-South Australia border, and on the coast and adjacent to the Glenelg River. It's very beautiful and picturesque, and only a short drive from Mount Gambier and the Blue Lake....sorry I can't be of more help.
Oct 16th, 2007, 05:06 PM

inthechips2 is referring to the Nelson on the South Island of New Zealand.

Sorry, can't help with your question.
Oct 17th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

My apologies for not being specific that I was indeed talking about NZ - I forget that clicking on the subsection of this forum doesn't make it show up on my post!

Did find one area of reviews on a travel website that are favorable so will likely go ahead and book. If anyone does have any first-hand info, though, it would be greatly appreciated.
Oct 18th, 2007, 03:16 PM

I am SOOOO relieved you were referring to NZ. Nelson, Victoria (Australia) is quaint....but for the life of me I was somewhat bewildered as to why anyone would want to spend a vacation there *lol*.
Oct 28th, 2007, 04:47 PM

inthechips2 - perhaps Nelsonian, who posts on this board (or was he on the the Tripadvisor Board)reads your post, he could give excellent advice, as he lives in Nelson.
I will be in Nelson in about 14 days time, staying 2 nights, and my wife & I are hoping to eat out at the Boat Shed Restaurant, so I take notice of Villa Victoria nearby, if you like.
Oct 29th, 2007, 12:43 AM

Unfortunatley I do not know anything about this accommodation although I have checked out the website and it looks as though it would suit inthechips2 perfectly. It is close to the beach-front, you will get awesome views of the sea, and as the website says about 5 minutes to the centre of town by car.
Oct 29th, 2007, 03:52 PM

Hi Nelsonian, I knew you would know something about this location.
Yesterday on television, I was watching with great interest, an episode on a TV show called, "New Zealand Destination" and low & behold it was about Nelson. It certainly looks a nice city with great water views. I liked a timber houses & gardens.
Oct 30th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

Hello you two - well, we did go ahead and book it because it really did look like it would suit our group of 8. I will report back after our visit just in case anyone else has an interest in it

And tropo, you are there just before our visit so would love your input on how the place looks! Thanks.