Need Help on Singapore

Old Jan 11th, 1998, 08:57 PM
Adrian

Need Help on Singapore

Hi,
Anybody need help on Singapore. I'll be more than glad to tell you more about my country.. Hope to hear from you..Cheers!!!

Old Jan 13th, 1998, 10:36 AM
Carolyn

Hi, my friend and her husband are going to Singapore in March. Her husband will be in business meetings during the day. She loves to shop, can you recommend some interesting stores or shopping areas. Thanks.

Old Jan 21st, 1998, 06:03 AM
Harriet

We only have a brief overnight stay each direction on our way to Vietnam. We arrive after mdnight and leave the next morning around 10a.m. On our way home, we arrive around 9:30 p.m. and leave before noon. Are we destined to see nothing more than our hotel room? Also wondering about latenight transportation from the airport to the marina area and our hotel. Is there public transport at that hour? Departing this Saturday, 24 January. Thanks for your help.

Old Jan 21st, 1998, 09:58 PM
Carly

Carolyn - most shopping open from 10am-10pm. I would suggest Orhard Rd, places like Takashimaya, CK Tang, Shaw Center, Paragon, Heeren, Center point are there. Just get off at Orchard MRT station and take it from there. The other place would be Raffles City (since renovation, its pretty nice ) then Suntec City. That would keep her pretty busy.
Harriet - 9:30pm till noon. Hmmmm.... you can go to Clark Quay for a drink or dinner. They close pretty late. As i've mentioned, shop open 9:30am the earliet. Singapore taxi operate through the nite so you don't have to worry. Safe too. Probably cost a little over $15.00. Midnite is cut off time for buses/mrt so go with the taxi. After midnite there's extra charge. If not you can take the "Airport bus" as they go to most hotels (check properly at the info. counter).

Old Jan 24th, 1998, 03:51 AM
Mihal Indyk

Dear Adrian: Its great to know that Singaporeans are helpful, well you asked if we need info on your city? Guess what we do!
My husband and myself are coming to Singapore enroute to Australia and are due to be there in March for 2 days and on our return in April.
Questions:
How central is Beach Rd to the centre of Singapore City? What is the best way to travel, bus, trains,
trams? and are there any cheap passes for travel on the different modes of transport,cost? What is the rate of Singapore$ to $US? What are the best sites
to visit in your wonderful city? Thanks and if we can help you with info on Australia or Israel, would be happy to. Bye Mihal

Old Jan 25th, 1998, 06:09 PM
Carly

Mihal - Beach Rd is almost central to Orchard road, guess they would say that is the central. Using the trains or MRT as they are called here would be the best transport to anywhere or taxi which is reasonable in price. All the fares for public transport are the same. You can buy a tourist card for travel on the bus, n train. I think the exchange rate is now $1.7635 (Jan 24 rate). Don't know what's the rate going to be like but you're to come here, you can buy SIngapore dollar NOW. I always tell my overseas friend to go to the Night Safari, went there once and enjoyed myself tremendously. Then Sentosa for some history and sightseeing. The rest would be shopping. This places will keep you busy for one day. Morning-Sentosa, night- Night Safari and the next day shopping. Good luck, or email me if you need more info. Carly.

Old Feb 6th, 1998, 01:49 AM
Matt Donath

I agree with the Night Safari recommendation. If you don't mind wading through a bunch of other recollection, the Singapore Journal describes most of the tourist attractions in and around S'pore. It can be found at: http://www.travel-library.com/asia/s...ath/index.html

Old Feb 8th, 1998, 07:15 AM
Christiane Dumas

Hi,

We are going to Vietnam next March and will pass a night to Singapore just like you did. Did you have time to do something in the morning and what did you see or do. We'll arrive at midnight and will fly to Ho Chi Minh at 2:00 the day after. What can we do?
Thank you in advance.

Old Mar 1st, 1998, 11:10 PM
Les

Hey,
the most popular shopping area(as well as most accessible) Is Orchard Road.Clothes- Takashimaya,Scotts...almost the whole stretch anyway. Electronics - Funan Centre for computers, Lucky Plaza for others like cameras etc(make sure you don't get ripped off there though)
That's kinda about it. Another place you could try is Marina area. Ask for Suntech City, Marina Square or Millenia Walk.

Old Mar 9th, 1998, 04:01 PM
Christiane

I am going to Vietnam next March 25th. We will be in Singapore for one night. We'll arrive in Singapore at midnight March26 and we'll fly to Ho Chi Minh at 2 o'clock the day after. What can we do during these few hours? Can we make a "tour de ville".
Thank you in advance

Old May 13th, 1998, 07:15 PM
JFH

Hi! My girlfriend and I will be in Singapore for eight days starting the weekend of May 23rd. We are staying at the Four Seasons. We have no set agenda but have read about the country extensively.

Can you recommend an off the beaten path, romantic place to have dinner? And, if you had two days for a side trip to Bintan island or the Malaysian Penninsula, which would you choose and why? Where would you go?

Many thanks!!!

Old Jul 27th, 1998, 09:35 PM
BRIAN FLYNN

I am from New york and am accostomed to the night life here. How will I rate the night life in Singapore?
Thanks.

Old Aug 22nd, 1999, 05:01 AM
Nicola

Hi. I have two friends visiting Singapore from 15th to 18th of September and they want to know where they can find a good tailor - can you suggest any? He would like to have a light weight jacket made and she would like something made in silk. Any contact details would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old Aug 22nd, 1999, 09:25 AM
Kay

Adrian,
Could you tell me something about the
Sembawang area?
We will be in Singapore for 6 nights in Oct.. Planning to go to Sungei Buloh Bird Sanctuary, Night Safari, Little India, and Orchid Gardens. Does that sound good? Where else ?

Old Feb 2nd, 2000, 04:27 AM
Richard & Joan

We will be in Singapore for two day in March. What should we be sure to see and do during our visit? Thanks for your help. And where should we eat, our hotel is set. Thanks

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 09:21 AM
Bill Toliver

We are arriving in Singapore in February 2001. I want to know what is the best way to secure the best price on some of the luxury hotlels like the mandarin??
Please e-mail your response to me. Thanks!