Reload this Page >

Where is Air Tahiti Nui at LAX?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 11:03 AM
June

I didnt see it on the airport map and am not too familiar with LAX as we will be flying from NY. Also, has anyone flown them before? We are booked on a flight with them to Tahiti and now I understand they have ONLY ONE PLANE!! Is this true? What happens if it breaks down? We have connecting flights in LA on United. I'm sorry to sound panicky, but this is my first time out of the country(Farthest we have been is Hawaii) Thanks to all who respond!

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 12:18 PM
Louise

June - Air Tahiti Nui leaves from Terminal 5 according to their website (I couldn't remember so looked it up). We flew with them in May and had a great trip going and returning. I don't know about just one plane but both flights we took were right on time. Coming home it was only about one quarter full so I got to stretch out and sleep on the middle seats. I am sure you will be just fine. Just think, if there is only one plane, all the special attention it must get!!!

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 02:58 PM
June

Terminal 5? Does the sign at the airport say Ait Tahiti Nui or do we go to another airline terminal? Thanks so much Louise! P.S. Where did you stay in FP? Did you have a wonderful trip?

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 07:41 AM
Louise

Hi, June - look up on the airport map and see where United is. We flew on Alaska and only had to walk a short distance to Air Tahiti Nui (the next terminal). There are signs and we had no trouble at all. We had a fantastic time in Tahiti. We stayed at the Bali Hai on Moorea, Le Maitai on Bora Bora and Kia Ora on Rangiroa. Chose a little less expensive route as we went for l3 days and wanted to experience three islands. Also, I was glad we had a meal plan as food was very expensive. Loved the snorkeling and the beautiful water. Would go back in a minute. Have a wonderful time!!

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 02:35 PM
Lee

We flew on Air Tahiti Nui from NYC on United also! Air Tahiti Nui is Terminal 5 - same as the Delta terminal. Be aware United comes into either 6 or 7 and DO NOT have a ticketing agreement with Air Tahiti Nui - you have to reclaim checked baggage in terminal 7 (even if you come into 6). We had 3 checked bags and loaded them on a cart and walked to terminal 5. There is a connection bus - but by the time you drag your bag up the steps and back down again it seemed easier to walk. There was also a VERY long checkin line at the counter but we made it with plenty of time to spare. Make sure you have 2-3 hours to connect. <BR>I think you are correct about the one plane - don't worry though - Air Tahiti is certified and monitored by the French Govt and all the mechanics have been trained by Airbus in France. Both our flights were very pleasant and on time. Let me know if I can answer further questions! Relax and have a great trip!