Search

Le Taha'a and ?...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Le Taha'a and ?...

Am helping to plan a honeymoon and we think out of two weeks Le Taha'a will be nice for 4-5 days then would like something more "rugged".
Can someone recommend an island, town, resort that has a small charming village and a variety of activities? We're not looking for nightlife or crowds but a bit less secluded than Le Taha'a with more dining options and activities off "campus".
There's really no budget issue but certainly running water is a must

Thank You! I know nothing of this part of the world.
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Original Poster

Please? Maybe I should've added "South Pacific" in my title...
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 05:23 AM

Well,

I would think that Moorea would be a fine choice for a second island. It has a rugged interior and a to-die-for lagoon. Sometimes considered to be most beautiful island in the South Pacific.

Ken
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

THANK YOU! I was looking into Moorea because of one of your previous posts. Today while talking to my boss she said they'd like something completely different. Is there a nice hotel in the jungle? Since they will have been at Le Taha'a in a overwater bungalow we need something different but no less fabulous!
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 07:23 PM
ALF

There really aren't any 'jungle' hotels on Moorea. Almost the entire interior of the island is very tall rugged topography, so all development takes place in a fairly narrow shelf that rings the outer island. If you pick a resort in the Haaru area, you will have access to several restaurants and stores. You can also take several excursions from there out to the offshore motus, into the interior, or to the north end of the island, where there are two large bays.

In terms of mid-range accommodations, Les Tipaniers and Hibiscus are two places that we really liked, where you can pay a little more to get beachfront fares. Le Tipaniers now has a second place, Les Tipaniers Iti (iti=new), which looks nicer than the original, but we have never stayed there. A bit more upscale would be Moorea Village or Fare Vaimoana, both a bit further to the south. Finally, in the expensive resort class, would be the Moorea Beachcomber Intercontinental.