Search

Is Katafanga Resort Open Yet?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2006, 01:46 PM
DJE
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Katafanga Resort Open Yet?

Would like to know if this resort is now open for business. Can't seem to get a response after emailing them a couple of times over the past while. Thanks.
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 12:41 PM

I just emailed them and got this automated reply -

"Thank you for contacting KATAFANGA ISLAND RESORT & SPA, located in the beautiful and friendly Fiji Islands. The newest and most exciting South Pacific vacation experience. This is the perfect romantic retreat to spend your honeymoon, anniversary, or a relaxing vacation away from it all. Enjoy your spacious and beautifully appointed water front villa thoughtfully designed with your pleasure in mind. Luxuriate in the revitalizing and soothing treatments offered in our full service spa. Sample from our expansive wine cellar stocked with a selection of fine wines from around the world. The resort is currently under construction and does not have a definite opening date at this time. Please check back for an update."
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 11:37 AM
DJE
Original Poster

Thanks Soleil 17,

I do know that they were supposed to have completed the resort quite some time ago so I don't know what the problems have been to have been delayed for such a long period of time. I guess we just wait and see.
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 12:18 PM
DJE
Original Poster

Just read from another posting that Katafanga resort and the island are up for sale, so who knows if or when this property will be completed. Doesn't look like it will be anytime soon...
Old Dec 10th, 2013, 01:36 PM

They have never opened. Somewhere I recall seeing the awards they claimed to have won from Conde Nast etc. Pretty good considering they have NEVER opened. And probably never will.
Pit because this is probably in the top 6 islands in the world for beauty and other factors.