Notices

In which Bora Bora resort...

Old Dec 15th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In which Bora Bora resort...

Are our chances of finding the following possible?

-An OWB that looks out towards the open sea (rather than towards the interior of the main island) I'd like the feeling of being "out there" rather than facing other bungalows/resorts/boats etc
-A resort that is not tightly packed with other resorts, as well... the OWBs are not on top of each other
-An OWB that would be deep enough for swimming, with the option to kayak or swim further towards coral heads for snorkeling
-Lastly, a nice spa

I know I ask for a lot : ) And I realize it's most likely we won't find all of this in one place...but I thought this would help us narrow down our search. I also have read that the southern part of the island is the prettiest, is this true?

Thanks!
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 01:41 PM

If you want an OW bungalow looking out to sea, the Bora Bora Nui Resort and Spa is the obvious choice (I would think) as I'm pretty sure that virtually al of their units do that. Have not stayed there so I can't comment on the water conditions nearby.

Personally, I think the view back towards the island is better.

Yes, the southern sections of the main island is the prettiest - though I actually prefer the motus to the main island. In my opinion the prettiest region of Bora Bora (including out on the motus) is in the area of the InterContinental new Thalasso-Spa Bora Bora., Le Meridien etc.

Ken
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 11:10 PM

If you have a map of Bora Bora, it would be helpful.

To look towards open sea, 1) you need OWB on main island around Mitira point (there are no motus blocking the open sea,) 2) on motus well within the barrier reef so OWB can be constructed with open ocean view.

Other OWBs on motus face the island as one cannot construct OWB on motus on barrier reefs on the ocean side. The premium OWBs don't face other bungalows or other resorts in the immediate vicinity. These OWBs face Mt. Otemanu/Pahia, which provide a pretty view across the blue lagoon -- a kind of scene immortalized by the song Bali Hai:

Someday you'll see me floatin' in the sunshine,
My head stickin' out from a loaf nighin' cloud,

If you look at the sales brochures, you notice that many pictures show Mt. Otemanu/Pahia across the multi colored lagoon.
Old Dec 17th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your advice and info!

The Thalasso is actually on my short list, as in the Nui. We'll check out the prices and see what's available for when we'll be there.

Ken, I was concered the area of the Thalasso would seem overcrowded with all these new resorts? Thoughts?

Thank you again!
Old Dec 17th, 2006, 08:35 PM

Acaigirl -

Well... first of all take what I say here with a grain of salt as my experience with the island is 6 years old. I've not been there since the new resorts (like the Thalasso) were built - and while I'm of the opinion that Bora Bora is probably at or approaching satuaration, I also think that this saturation is relative. So... I don't think that a first-time visitor would find it overcrowded - though I do think that many return visitors would (and would not like what they see).

This is just my guess.

Ken