Reload this Page >

Home Exchange-Australia & New Zealand

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Janet

Has anyone done a home exchange? We are planning a 2 month stay in Australia and a 3 month stay in New Zealand in February to April of 2003. We live in BC, Canada near ski hills.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 11:29 PM
liz

Try this site and see what may take your fancy:<BR>http://www.homexchange.com/screeneu.html<BR>Next time I go overseas I would like to try a home exchange as it cuts the costs considerably as well as exchanging cars.<BR>Good luck in your search and I hope that you find someone who you can swap with. If you have no joy with that site keep searching as there is a site that is specific to Australia ......somewhere!!<BR>

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 12:46 AM
Liz

I found it - the Australian one that is, only problem is that you have to pay to see what they have:<BR>http://www.ans.com.au/~sydney/pages/home.htm there are others tho'.<BR>

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 11:22 PM
nzers

Hi Janet!<BR>If you are serious about home exchange with someone from NZ, and have no luck with the online agencies, you could always advertise privately in the NZ Herald newspaper which is read by a lot of people in Auckland & the rest of the country & other more regional newspapers. If you find some interested parties,either arrange the exchange yourselves or both register with the agencies for a bit more "protection". I bet there are heaps of people who would be interested since our North Island ski seasons' of late have been cr-- .<BR><BR>Good Luck.<BR><BR>nzers<BR>

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Janet

Thank you Liz and Nzers for your suggestions. I have used the IHEN home exchange site and have had several responses from Australia folk - several of which look promising. Nothing as yet from NZ so will try the newspaper ad. Will keep you posted.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 12:51 PM
liz

Hi Janet, do please keep us posted as I intend to exchange my house and car for my next big holiday, hopefully with someone in Chile or Argentina. I have heard lots of positives about exchanges and as far as costing goes you certainly couldn't do better.