French Polynesian 4x4 tour?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering which of the islands I should opt to do a 4x4 tour on. We'll be on Tahiti, Raiatea, Taha'a, Bora Bora, and Moorea. I want the most breathtaking scenery!

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

anyone?
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 07:55 PM

Went on the Bora Bora 4x4 tour and thought it was terrific - views looking out over one of the most beautiful (perhaps the most beautiful) lagoon in the world. Hard to beat in my opinion.

I think you may have problems getting answers to this as few folks have done the 4x4 in more than one of those locations so it's hard to find anyone who can really make an objective comparison.

Hopefully, someone will step forward who has done this. If not, you may have to post this on the Tahiti-Explorer board.

Ken
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Ken! I am having a hard time deciding what to do on which islands... I will try the Tahiti-Explorer board. Thanks again!

Old Feb 27th, 2004, 11:52 AM

FYI - the ISLAND of Moorea is MUCH more beautiful (and clean) than the ISLAND of Bora Bora - but Bora Bora's LAGOON is tops.

Something to consider.

Ken
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 11:59 AM

We also went on the 4x4 on Bora Bora. The reason we didn't do it on Moorea is that you can rent a car and drive to the top lookout on Moorea, on Bora Bora the only way to get to the best lookouts is in the Rovers. We had a fantastic time and learned quite a bit about the island that way. Haven't spent time on the other islands you are going to but would definately say to do the Rover tour on Bora Bora.
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:34 PM

Ditto LordBalfour. My wife and daughter did Huahine, Bora-Bora and Mo'orea. Each one was spectacular. If you've got time to smell the roses, rent your own 4X4 and do BB and Mo'orea. You'll never love another place again!
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 09:59 AM

I'm sure at this point you have traveled already but maybe this will help someone else. When planning my trip I found that so few people actually travel to the French Polynesia - it was hard to get any answers. That being said, I think Moorea is a great place to do the 4x4. It's a very lush island and there is a lot more to see then in Bora Bora. Bora Bora is #1 for the water activities in my opinion. I would book the 4x4 with Albert Tours in Moorea. They were the most competent that we found and reasonable.