Forums Newsletter: Yeah or Neah?

Sep 26th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Forums Newsletter: Yeah or Neah?

Hello everybody---happy Wednesday.

We've been thinking here about adding another newsletter to our offerings; we currently send out a weekly Fodor's Newsletter every Thursday.

My question: if we were to offer a Community newsletter---a newsletter that pointed to great trip reports, lively travel discussions, and new user reviews---would you be likely to sign up for it? I envision a newsletter that will quickly "catch-up" users who maybe don't check in everyday. I'd also like a chance to highlight community happenings---for instance a GTG alert/mini report.

What's the barometer of interest from folks here?

If interested, would you be most likely to sign up for a newsletter that you received monthly, bi-weekly, or weekly?

I'm thinking that bi-weekly might be the best. Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Sep 26th, 2007, 01:30 PM

1/ monthly
2/ bi-weekly
Sep 26th, 2007, 03:01 PM

Happy THURSDAY, Katie

I see no problem with such a newsletter, but personally I browse the forums I'm interested in daily, so probably wouldn't gain much from it. I'm sure many would, though.

Sep 26th, 2007, 03:59 PM

Sorry, Katie, absolutely not. I don't want one more thing in my email box, and like Neil, I browse what I want when I want. But thanks.
Sep 26th, 2007, 04:18 PM

Hi Katie - it's Thursday here too...

I don't subscribe to the current newletter and doubt I'd sign up for the new one. I pop in to Fodor's several times a day and go directly to the forums that interest me.
Sep 27th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for input everybody; I imagine we would post it on the site as well for those of you that would like to check it out but don't want more mail.
Sep 27th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Jed

Since I read Fodors every day when I can, I wouldn't be interested. But I can see that it might be helpful for the ""catch-up" users who maybe don't check in everyday."