Flying to Bali from New York

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to plan a honeymoon in Bali and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for flights out of New York City. The best idea I came up with was flying from New York to Tokyo and then on to Bali. The cheapest flights I found were arounf $1400 roundtrip. Are there any better/cheaper options out there?
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 02:43 PM

ugluk, you'll get a better response if you post this on the Asia forum.
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 09:12 AM

You would get more on the Asia Forum ( where I come from ) - you can fly westbound over Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore. You can fly eastbound via the Gulf ( try Qatar Airways, New York-Doha and then change plane to Bali ). They seem to have cheap fares and excellent service.

Singapore Airlines is a good option eastbound as they can fly you all the way through and very good service. Also Malaysia Airlines same but via Kuala Lumpur.

Do ask again over on the Asia forum, not just for flights but many regulars visit Bali and in fact some of the regulars have just been in Bali and you will find their reports invaluable if you are planning a trip, places to stay, restaurants, best guide etc. They also know good fare options from East Coast and the best deals.

Just post same question and you can also see their reports, plenty of great tips and all over the last weeks!
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 09:14 AM

From New York Singapore Airlines and Malaysia Airlines would be eastbound routing.
Also look at fares just to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur as you can pick up budget airline flights to/from Bali from those locations.
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 04:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I find the best advice on Bali on
www.balitravelforum.com