Fiji Where to Stay November??

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiji Where to Stay November??

Like to snorkel, sandy beach. Thinking of Toberu or Tokoriki. Given the time of the year, what is best choice as far as weather? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 10:16 PM

Tokoriki for Nov. It's on the 'dry-side' of Fiji - so it does get less rain than Toberua. Any of the Mamanuca or Yasawa islands will be okay in Nov - but steer clear of the north - it will be wet.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 12:20 AM

Tokoriki in December was awful-rain, windy, seaweed everywhere. Try Turtle island if you've got the cash-Yasawas in November 2002 were perfect- a little rain but fine most days. Turtle island has a fine reputation & my mate in Melbourne said she would return each year for her anniversary. Do not waste your money on Tokoriki-it is not as good as the owner advertises. Good luck
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 08:08 AM

I'm confused! I thought Fiji lies south of the equator - so doesn't their summer start in November?

Why is it rainy?

We want to go the last week of Nov & stay through the first week of Dec - and we wanted to stay 1 week in Qamea & then do 1 week in Toberua.

Is this a bad idea? Please help!
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 08:26 AM

The dry season is May-October and the wet season is November-April. We went to Tokoriki and loved it. The staff, bures, and food were wonderful. We also did the Blue Lagoon Cruise which was fantastic.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 04:16 PM

We also loved Tokoriki (going back in July this year)- and were there in December. Yes it did rain - but not every day!! November is the start of the wet season - so you may be unlucky with the weather - but it will still be hot! There will be more rain in the north (Quamea) and it does rain more near Suva, so Toberua is likely to be wetter. Other options in the Mamanucas are Navini and Matamanoa. I've not been to Turtle for some years - but found it the least "wonderful" of the expensive resorts. Much preferred Yasawa Island for the money.
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the information. When it does rain in Fiji, is it typically a brief rain that lasts several minutes vs. hours?

Again, thank you for your advice!
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 04:23 PM

The rain in Nov is most commonly heavy downpours in the late afternoon that last less than an hour. If you do strike a windy time it can go on for days unfortunately - but that is not so common.