Excursions?

Old Apr 28th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excursions?

I'm trying to find any information about excursions that are offered on the big island, preferably near the Coral Coast. Has anyone had any experiences with river rafting, snorkeling tours, jetboat tours, etc?

I can't seem to find any information at all about excursions, and I'm not that interested in visiting a village. Unless it is a must do.

Any info would be a great help! Thanks.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 10:36 AM
ALF

Rivers Fiji Trips on the Luva and Navua Rivers:
http://www.riversfiji.com/trips.htm

Shotover Jet rides up the Nadi River:
http://www.sunvacationsfiji.com/pack...r_shotover.htm

Snorkeling trips to Daydream Island:
http://www.affiliate.viator.com/broc...R23N&AUID=1350
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Alf for the great websites. I think we're going to do the Novua Gorge river rafting, and probably an outer island excursion to either Daydream or Honeymoon Island. Have you done either of these excursions? Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 11:32 AM
ALF

We took a paddle raft on the upper Navua, and it was a wonderful trip. The day was terribly hot, but much of the river runs in a very narrow slot through lava flows, so we were shaded and cool. The rapids are pretty exciting, because the gorge is so narrow, so you run through several chutes that really accelerate the raft.

I accompanied my family to Daydream Island, but did not go snorkeling with them, me being an elitist diver. My kids are very experienced snorkelers all over the S. Pacific, and they told me that the reefs were very colorful and teeming with fish. The resort itself is very luxurious, and wuld be a fine place to stay, if you had more money than me!

I don't know anything about the jet boats except that I personally find them noisy and intrusive; but they sure look like fun.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 09:19 AM

We took a Shotover Jet boat in Acapulco a few years back, and thought it was an absolute blast. It was a first class operation, too.
Old May 17th, 2004, 04:03 AM

I have been on the Adventures in Paridise cave tour. It was a good way to see some on the inland with a trip up the Sigatoka valley, a visit to a canibal cave and then a 15 minute trip on a bili bili (cane raft). Enjoyed the trip & it was well run.