Search

entertainment book

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
entertainment book

I was wondering how many australians have an entertainment coupon book... and how good are the coupons that are supplied in the book?? I want to buy one but only if it will save more than the book will cost...
please advise
the 2 books i am looking into is the sydney and the brisbane books
i am going to be visiting sydney, brisbane, and cairns (the ones we have here in the states have coupons for stuff outside of our area, for example if your familiar i get the st pete clearwater book but there are tons of coupons for tampa therefore i don't have to buy tampa.... so any help here would be greatly appreciated!
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 11:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I buy the Sydney book and generally save the cost($60) in the first couple of uses. I like it also because it encourages visits to worthwhile restaurants that I might not normally know about.

Ours also have national discounts for cars, hotels etc. I usually don't use those so much as I have other memberships which deliver those discounts, but friends & family have used them.
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 01:29 PM

I use it quite a bit, just last week I used it to get 25% off a restaurant and got a 2 for 1 deal at Subway. (not able to be used at airport)

There are coupons for outside of Sydney but not really for restaurants unless they are a chain. Places such as the theme parks on the Gold Coast I've used and got good savings.

Please be aware that there is more than one book for the Sydney area, for you the Sydney Edition would be best, as it covers the city, but be careful as each Sydney area book looks similar.

Geordie
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 05:09 PM

Whilst looking at booklet costs/discounts, seeing as you're staying only very briefly in each location, I'd have a look at http://www.shop-a-docket.com.au/

and just print off your own disciut dockets - no cost at all.
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 07:00 PM

Mine costs $70 and I get it through a charity. We find it very useful but then we have a whole year to use it. Please note that that is more than one version for Sydney to suit the different areas.
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

well i took a look at hotdockets and that doesn't look like its going to be of use for me... im looking for more attraction discounts.... and a few restaurants... but the restaurants in this were more commercialized and i could go to them in the states.. im looking for more australian foods... thank you though!

Im going to buy one....
now

maybe you can help since maybe i didn't make this clear enough before (i tend to do that sometimes)
Which book would give me discounts to local attractions in sydney, brisbane, and cairns... those are the places i really plan to visit... is one book better than the rest... i would like to only buy one book since it would be a waste to buy 2 books if they have the same coupons!

Old Nov 27th, 2008, 04:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have the Sydney book.
Discount vouchers for attractions include:
Goldcoast: Movie World, Sea World, Wet'wild
The ultimate theme pass "visit any park, any day & enjoy unlimited entry for up to 14 days to 3 parks with the Super Pass"

Dream World, White Water - 2 day "World Pas"
Outback Spectacular
Paradise Country - Aussie Farm Tour

Discounts of up to 50% off the rack rate of accommodation in Whitsundays, and other places.

Re Restaurants. There is a section, Fine & Contemporary Dining, specific to each city/region book location. None of these is a chain, and some of the very best are included. My book has 155 restaurants in this category.

The next section is Cafe and Bistro Dining and I doubt you will find any American chains in there either. There are, however, a couple of local bistros which have more than one venue.

The Casual Restaurant & Family dining section may have one or two, but primarily it's small local establishments.

The McDonalds et al are in the last eating section,"Informal Dining & Takeaway."

In the Arts, sports & attractions, there are discount vouchers for, amongst other things: Luna Park, Taronga Zoo, Sydney aquarium, Sydney Wildlife World, Sydney Tower, Bondi Bash adventure Ride, Koala Park, Featherdale wildlife park,city farm,Australian Reptile Park.