Search

Duxton Hotel - Perth

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 03:15 PM
DJE
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duxton Hotel - Perth

Can anyone comment on this hotel in Perth. Is it centrally located and how are the rooms, service, etc. Thanks.
Old Dec 28th, 2003, 10:44 AM

The Duxton Hotel is one of the most luxurious hotels in Perth. It is very centrally located, indeed right in the heart of downtown Perth, nextdoor to the Perth Concert Hall. Service is excellent (and very pricey), but only the most expensive rooms have the really good river views. My advice would be to check out the Hyatt, Perth's other luxury hotel, which has a whole sports centre for its guests' use, has really stunning views and the best hotel in Perth, "Friends". Its probably not as centrally located, however, but its close to the lovely Queen's Gardens and some cute cafes in the East Perth area.
Old Dec 28th, 2003, 10:45 AM

The Duxton Hotel is one of the most luxurious hotels in Perth. It is very centrally located, indeed right in the heart of downtown Perth, nextdoor to the Perth Concert Hall. Service is excellent (and very pricey), but only the most expensive rooms have the really good river views. My advice would be to check out the Hyatt, Perth's other luxury hotel, which has a whole sports centre for its guests' use, has really stunning views and the best restaurant in Perth, "Friends". Its probably not as centrally located, however, but its close to the lovely Queen's Gardens and some cute cafes in the East Perth area.
Old Dec 28th, 2003, 10:33 PM
DJE
Original Poster

Thanks Mariannah,

As it turns out I did end up making reservations at the Hyatt Hotel for our stay in Perth. I found it less expensive and I think it will serve our needs very well. Is the hotel within walking distance of the downtown area of Perth and do you know if it is relatively close to the train station. Thanks.
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 06:44 AM

DJE, The Hyatt is a bit east of the downtown area, but the great thing about it is that there is a FREE bus service called the CAT (Central Area Transit) bus that can take you to the city centre and to the train station in just a few minutes. They leave every 5 minutes on weekdays and every 10 minutes on Public Holidays and weekends, and there is a stop accross the road from the hotel!
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 06:59 PM
DJE
Original Poster

Thanks M for the added info.